Pro Street Hot Rod....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Scott Liggett View Post
    I'm curious if you have picked a color for the car.
    he hinted toyota tacoma dark green metallic (as a general hint)
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• Thanks guys underside of the body will be smoothed up aswell!
      Still kicking around colors but, have it narrowed down to just a couple now lol

Heres a lil progress today i got in!
      started smoothing up the rear end!
      Soon a new locker and gears will be going in
      Its a 31 spline going with a detroit locker and new 4.56 gears

Last edited by Pro Fleetline; May 5, 2012, 03:39 PM.

Comment

• hmmm... and I thought the tacoma (not the smelly town in Washington) was a hint.... although, on reflection, Tacoma is kind of green....

Comment

• George, Check out this site-wingsautoart.com,It has a build up of a 47 chevy.I think you will enjoy it.Later bob r.

Comment

• Thanks for the site i actually seen that car in person at detroit was kinda surprised it won its class the trunk wasnt even finished in it etc.
            Tons of work and a great car non the less dont care for the mini cooper head lights, and dash but gotta love the fat fenders!
            Im sure him and i will have a lot to talk about in person lol.

Last edited by Pro Fleetline; May 16, 2012, 09:55 PM.

Comment

• Just dropped the frame off tonight to the blasters, should have it back tuesday!

Heres a few pics of the rear end all blocked and smoothed up and also a few random photos of the body smoothing!

Ill keep you updated! Later George

Last edited by Pro Fleetline; May 16, 2012, 10:22 PM.

Comment

• Looking really sweet!
                Love the dash... Mid 50's pickup?

Comment

• Yep 57 Chevy truck gauge cluster fabbed and cleaned up i and inserted in the 48 dash.

Last edited by Pro Fleetline; May 17, 2012, 05:54 AM.

Comment

• At this angle you can see the lil details of fitting it into the dash that was needed!

Comment

• the level of detail is astounding, what a great car.
                      If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

• Originally posted by Pro Fleetline View Post
                        At this angle you can see the lil details of fitting it into the dash that was needed!

Had a 59 Napco.. Know it took some massaging to make work...
                        This is awesome! Really...

Comment

• Thanks again Guys!

Not sure if i share this lil detail with you that took way more time than it should but turned out prety well!

When i flipped the bumpers and moved them closer to the car i had to build a new valance panel aswell!
                          So i built in an air damn thats molded to the bottom of it, to catch fresh air and shoot up fresh air to the rad.
                          And i cut an opening in the front of the bumper that directly in front of the scoop for a direct gulp of fresh air, and the hole in bumper i made the shape of the grille inserts to match!

Heres also a few more random pics of lil details that seem to always get over looked but i just enjoy in a build notice the "V" theme through out the car! lol
                          Later George

Smoothed the brake calipers!
                          Last edited by Pro Fleetline; May 17, 2012, 06:37 PM.

Comment

• Frame should look a lil differant in a few days should have it back tuesday from the blasters.

Comment

• So now that you're at the point of basically no return chassis-wise - is there anything you'd done differently? I'm 6 months from pulling my car into the shop - and I'm still debating the whole-new-frame vs. section some portion of it and add bars...

Comment

• No , This frame was built by the guy i bought it from and he back halfed it with the body on it, so i need to finish some welds and put in a few braces!

But i think if i would have done it i would have put in a mustang 2 from end, just because of the ease of parts available,
                                But this amc front end is gonna work nicely just a lil harder to get bushing and such for plus no one makes after market brakes for this amc clip.

But pretty excited hell ive had to custom build everything on the car why should the brakes be any easier. lol
                                Besides it has 4 wheels disc now should be pretty fun, once the frames back i will get the air ride ordered!
                                and start mocking it up!
                                Last edited by Pro Fleetline; May 21, 2012, 02:41 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X