No announcement yet.

Ole Truck Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thanks for the driveshaft measurement jig idea! Click image for larger version

Name:	fetch?id=1170173&d=1502658742&type=full.jpeg
Views:	91
Size:	131.7 KB
ID:	1170308
    Patrick & Tammy
    - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Originally posted by silver_bullet View Post
      thanks for the driveshaft measurement jig idea!
      UMMM, you will want to be careful thinking you can learn something from one of my projects.......Just sayin' (I post here to find out why my crap won't work!)

I got a bit of shop therapy in today. I needed to figure out how to mount my master cylinder under the floor. The P.O. of this jalopy purchased a kit and tacked it to a 1" square floor support. UGH

I made a template from the "kit parts" for the mount. I decided to mount it to the frame @ 3" to center of MC to align with the only place I could swing the pedal.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG4779-2.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	603.2 KB
ID:	1171662

FIRE WRENCH adjustment in progress.

Name:	IMAG4780-2.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	820.5 KB
ID:	1171663

Ugly welds, but it's pretty solid. I'm a better grinder than welder LOL

Name:	IMAG4783-2.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	747.8 KB
ID:	1171664

The brake pivot point is still very temporary at this point. I'm pretty sure I will need to relocate the linkage connection point on the pedal.

Name:	IMAG4784-2.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	618.2 KB
ID:	1171665

Somehow, it's just a bit perpendicularly challenged. I had to order a push rod, so that's all for today.

Who thinks I'm gonna kill myself with this brake setup? I have no Idea what I'm doing here, but it kinda looks like some pics on the internet......
      AND I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last week!

Name:	IMAG4786-2.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	726.5 KB
ID:	1171666
      A.K.A. Brian
      Jack of many trades-master of none

Comment

I think it looks pretty good.. It is all in the geometrics of it.. Tab on the pedal, swing and how far you'll be able to push the pedal
        Looks stout.. We do not use stuff that thick that bolts to the firewall deleting the booster.. Then you have that gusset set.. Oughta not move very much if at all..

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
          I think it looks pretty good.. It is all in the geometrics of it.. Tab on the pedal, swing and how far you'll be able to push the pedal
          Looks stout.. We do not use stuff that thick that bolts to the firewall deleting the booster.. Then you have that gusset set.. Oughta not move very much if at all..
          Thanks Bob.
          The prefab m/c mount and pivot assy I cut out was .25. I had some .25 cold roll here so I used it. I typically error on the side of extra stout on safety related stuff.

I'm pretty sure I will modify the tab location on the pedal arm. I want to wait until I have the adjustable rod on hand so I can see how far, and if my pivot point is acceptable.
          A.K.A. Brian

Comment

Originally posted by DirtyWhiteBoy View Post

. I typically error on the side of extra stout on safety related stuff.
            I understand the word "error" and "stout" but what is this word "safety" mean? I think you're just making up words so you look all smarter than the rest of us who ain't from the South.... it's working too.
            Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post

I understand the word "error" and "stout" but what is this word "safety" mean? I think you're just making up words so you look all smarter than the rest of us who ain't from the South.... it's working too.
              In the SOUTH we know about safety because we coined terms like "Hey ya'll watch this!" and "Hold my beer and watch this". Around here if you live to be my age, you are very lucky AND by default learned a little safety.

P.S. I've been called a LOT of things, but smart ain't typically one of them. lol (I noed u wez jest funnin' me)
              A.K.A. Brian

Comment

Originally posted by DirtyWhiteBoy View Post

In the SOUTH we know about safety because we coined terms like "Hey ya'll watch this!" and "Hold my beer and watch this". Around here if you live to be my age, you are very lucky AND by default learned a little safety.

P.S. I've been called a LOT of things, but smart ain't typically one of them. lol (I noed u wez jest funnin' me)

for some reason I don't think safety means "here, watch me try to kill myself".... though I readily admit that I became a lawyer so I could ask this question "no really, how did you do that?"

Comment

Not a lot of progress happening lately. I am struggling for shop time. I need to retire from a non-profit board or 3 ugh.

I did cut a few holes in the dash and one in the floor.

Name:	IMAG4913s.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	180.2 KB
ID:	1176537

Name:	IMAG4916s.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	197.0 KB
ID:	1176538
                  Attached Files
                  A.K.A. Brian

Comment

Moving in the right direction.

Dan

Comment

Y'all reelize deres nordern redneks 2? Ya Yabetcha... Eh?
                      dat dere truk dere is loookin' finer dan da frogs hair too!
                      Last edited by silver_bullet; October 12, 2017, 05:37 PM.
                      Patrick & Tammy
                      - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

theres pacific rednecks too, y'all.....

i know. im one of em !

Comment

Originally posted by fatguyzinc View Post
                          theres pacific rednecks too, y'all.....

i know. im one of em !
                          Thought you 'Wiian rednecks wer haholes?

Comment

LOL, yes I know. I've ran into redbecks and Hill Billys all over the country. Even when I was stationed in Korea. We are everywhere!

We are an OPPRESSED group - constantly stereotyped and judged by all of the "smarter" people of the world.
                            Last edited by DirtyWhiteBoy; October 13, 2017, 10:04 AM.
                            A.K.A. Brian

Comment

We have always been impressed with your protection of alcohol - after all, wouldn't want that spilt

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
                                We have always been impressed with your protection of alcohol - after all, wouldn't want that spilt
                                Pfft, well yeah! It takes too long to make! :-)

Seriously tho, the county I live in just legalized liquor sales this year. The preachers and moonshiners were defeated at last!
                                Last edited by DirtyWhiteBoy; October 13, 2017, 11:10 AM.
                                A.K.A. Brian

Comment

Working...
                                X