My 89 F150

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My 89 F150

My project is an 89 F150 that was my wifes grandfather's truck that he taught her to drive in. We bought if from her grandmother after he died. I am in the middle of rebuilding/replacing the engine and trans with shall we say... something more power appropriate.Here are some pics:

The new engine is another 302. Stock HO shortblock, Trickflow Twisted Wedge heads, Camshaft Innovations cam and complete roller valvetrain, Cobra intake, A9L Mustang computer and engine harness, rebuilt AOD with TCI rebuild kit and B&M 2k Stall, BBK shorty mustang headers into dual stainless 2.5 in. tubing into large x huge truck muffler w/ 4 turndown, 4.10 Torsen diff all set to haze the stock 215/75/15 whitewalls. In the process of trying to make it look like it belongs there.

Bakersfield, CA.

Re: My 89 F150

There are sometimes when I am working on whatever project I am working on that I would just like to gut everything that is not a nessecity and go total bare bones. I have been working on trying to wire the Mustang harness into this truck and make it all work now for a couple of weeks. I come home and spend my evenings trying to make fire with what seems like wet particle board. This is driving my up a wall. Oh, how I miss carbuerators. The cosmetic end of the project has turned out like I had hoped, but this wiring business is driving me bananas. Sorry... rant off. Guess it is just part of the project process.

PS The pressure is on now as I need the truck to start my new job in 2 weeks.AAAAARRRRGGGHHH!!!
    Bakersfield, CA.

Comment

too late now but I just finished a megasquirt install on a 92 f150 with a 347 stroker. kept the stock harness. Much better than the ford computer

Comment

Well if it was completely up to me, I woulda gone with a carb and a bigger motor. Gotta make it smog legal for Cali thought and all the Ford part #'s gotta be there for this go round. May swap to a more upgradable system later if the smog police pass me this time.
        Bakersfield, CA.

Comment

Keep the EFI! You can do more for less in the long run, although it does take more to get it working at first. Carbs are not the answer - it's just cheaper to get more CFM. Maybe Diesel Geek can help out here, or knows someone who can.

Dan

Comment

The truck RUNS! With the help of some advice from the techs at work, those more knowledgeable than I at SBFTECH.com, and prayer (seriously)... it runs. Fired it up today after I swapped the fuel lines to where they were supposed to be and it runs.

A little excited.. can ya tell? I will get you fellas some pics when I get all my wires loomed and my paint touched up.
            Bakersfield, CA.

Comment

A torsen diff? That is really cool. I guess a nose heavy truck needs all the help it can get.

Sounds like quick progress. Keep it up. ;D

Comment

Working...
              X