My 409/'55 Chevy Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Monk View Post
    Out of town tonight ......as usual........but Towel City Tire really came through.
    Herb sent these tires out on Monday and they showed this afternoon.
    Really good guys to deal with.

My son stopped by for me and took this pic.
    Can't wait to get home and get 'em mounted..........also I think I'll go ahead and order up
    the chrome reverse to mount 'em on.

Yeah......they're supposed to be about 1/2" taller.
    The cheater slick is more square off......opposed to the radial.
    Got plenty of room in the fender well......and more is better.
    Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

• chrome reverse...now you're talkin!
      My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

• Got tires put on this afternoon.........and man they fill up the wheel well.
        Which is a good thing.

Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

• Damn, just damn....That car is sooo damn sexy
          If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

• SWEET! They look perfect. Looks like more than 1/2" ... more like 1"... Did you black mark the front of the house in celebration?
            Last edited by Beagle; July 18, 2013, 03:24 PM.
            Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

• Interesting how they marked "back side" on it. Is there a tread pattern or another reason? Field car, Ha Ha!

Comment

• Better shot

Thom

Comment

• Originally posted by phitter67 View Post
                  Interesting how they marked "back side" on it. Is there a tread pattern or another reason? Field car, Ha Ha!
                  From Towel City Tire:

Yes just mount the tire to reflect the "back" or "inside" facing inside on the car. This is because some casings were originally white letter tires and we always want that side facing in so the white rubber isn't visible.

Thanks
                  Daniel
                  Towel City Racing Tires
                  Thom

Comment

• man what a difference a set of tires make, not that it wasnt bad ass before but those tires really set it off...
                    If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

• That gets you immediate membership in the Tri-5 Hall of Fame...very cool indeed
                      Last edited by mlcraven; July 18, 2013, 08:05 PM.
                      Michael from Hampton Roads

Comment

• looks good, How do they hook compaired to the M/T's? Can you tell it has taller tires?
                        http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
                        1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
                        ​​​​​​

Comment

• Looks great!

the question is....do they hook?
                          My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

• yeah, do they hook? and just saying the do doesnt count...we have to have photographic evidence or it didnt happen!

Comment

• Originally posted by Russell View Post
                              looks good, How do they hook compaired to the M/T's? Can you tell it has taller tires?
                              They're definitely taller..........also they are more squared off as opposed to the M/T's.
                              Thom

Comment

• Originally posted by JOES66FURY View Post
                                yeah, do they hook? and just saying the do doesnt count...we have to have photographic evidence or it didnt happen!
                                Damn you guys are sure putting on the pressure
                                Thom

Comment

Working...
                                X