• Show
Clear All

my replacement drums arrived today

and they fit

now some of the finish stuff like the bed lift and locks

and a trailer jack

trim and finish weld the hinges

two weeks ago, it looked like this

and I'm about as many weeks to done.... I'm waiting on tires (24th) and I need to find either one more steel rim or aluminum rims. Once I have those I can finish the running boards and build the fenders.... then paint, wiring, wood and lights.
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

I had an electric and manual jack on my old RV....fricken life saver....or, arm saver....looking good....
      If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

tried out my new, low-profile wheels, pretty sweet, no?

I also have a tire that is an overachiever, all 4 are supposed to be here on Tuesday - this one didn't want to travel with the rest

Comment

all 4 tires are here - hopefully tomorrow I can see about getting them mounted on rims....

Comment

time for some paint

Comment

Well, More front page ink! Congratulations!
              Patrick & Tammy
              - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Originally posted by silver_bullet View Post
                Well, More front page ink! Congratulations!
                would you look at that

Comment

Is there anything you can borrow off your Buick to top this off?

Click image for larger version

Name:	trailerfins.JPG
Views:	94
Size:	40.3 KB
ID:	1210299

Originally posted by fibertech View Post
                  ]

Comment

I saw that, but I don't have any ideas because the fenders can be driven over

Comment

tires... you'd think that I could get on with finishing this today... yeah, no

Comment

ordered fenders today - so with the dimensions, I started on the running boards

I may make at least one of those steps into a tie-down box.... we'll see

Comment

Nice work as always. When my BIL and I built the "SS Milner" we used I beam for the frame, and Dexter torsion axles, and 3/16" plate for the bed. It weighed 3600lb empty. It's new owner loves it for moving a bobcat with a front mounted brush hog. We painted it light gray - and I'd do that again. My RnR aluminum trailer is - well aluminum - and it's much nicer to see at night, and doesn't have the blistering surface temperature of a black trailer.
                          are you going to use a hydraulic ram to make it power tilt?
                          There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Originally posted by milner351 View Post
                            Nice work as always. When my BIL and I built the "SS Milner" we used I beam for the frame, and Dexter torsion axles, and 3/16" plate for the bed. It weighed 3600lb empty. It's new owner loves it for moving a bobcat with a front mounted brush hog. We painted it light gray - and I'd do that again. My RnR aluminum trailer is - well aluminum - and it's much nicer to see at night, and doesn't have the blistering surface temperature of a black trailer.
                            are you going to use a hydraulic ram to make it power tilt?
                            I bought a darker red paint for it. Smart me would simply use Land Cruiser paint, and who knows, I may yet paint it tan.

I want to put hydraulic tilt on it, but I'm going to wait to find the bits rather then pay $1000 for new (which means I'll spend far more then that making a used system work - but that's my thing so why avoid it?)

Comment

Check out these guys for hydraulic stuff - I've also gotten some small engines and casters from them:

Hydraulics,Hydraulic Cylinders,Log Splitters and Components,Hydraulic Motors,Hydraulic Pumps,Hydraulic Valves,Hydraulic Power Units,Hydraulic

There's always something new to learn.

Comment

onward

side rails

Comment

Working...
                                X