Chris - HRPT Long Haul 03, 04, 05, 13, 14, 15,16 & 18
    74 Nova Project
    66 Mustang GT Project

92 Camaro RS Convertible Project
    79 Chevy Truck Project
    1956 Cadillac Project

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan Barlow View Post
      While your taking it good naturedly, Maybe a more pro-touring build would be better for the curves down in the Bluegrass State .
      Are you saying they're all crooked in Kentucky? boy, I'd think they'd have at least a couple stretches that were straight for 1/4 of a mile
      Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• Actually, Kentucky tends to be more straight than AZ, WA or other states I've lived in...gentle rolling hills. Good rubber selection would be enough. But that's cart before horse...let's get the damn thing running and driving before I start looking at anything else right now. This car has already worn a nerve or two out. I'll finish cleaning out the heads and they'll be ready to go on next week.
        Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

• Originally posted by BangShift McT View Post
          Actually, Kentucky tends to be more straight than AZ, WA or other states I've lived in...gentle rolling hills. Good rubber selection would be enough. But that's cart before horse...let's get the damn thing running and driving before I start looking at anything else right now. This car has already worn a nerve or two out. I'll finish cleaning out the heads and they'll be ready to go on next week.
          truth be told, both your Mirada and this one are the ones I could see owning... I like long, wide and low.... they just must be black, there really is no other color for them.

Comment

• My kinfolk are all around liberty ky . So , I'm really more familiar as r with the patch between Lebanon, Cambellsville, Liverty, to Danville . And while it isn't nothing like the switchbacks that you might get over by Hazard and Prestonsburg you could give the car a good workout and probably make everyone else in the car either car sr ick pr scared to death . And yes Brian I will admit that a wide set of tires and a good set of shocks would take care of it 90 % of the time . But , your slot closer to the Tail of the Dragon than me , I'd be hy leading over that direction a lot. Back to the Lincoln .
            Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

• I guess this means, it is officially summer. Needless to say, I lasted about 30 minutes in the garage before giving up.

Condesnation by Jason Bacon, on Flickr

Comment

• Jason - Living in coastal NC and having moved from Ann Arbor, I immediately installed a thru-the-wall AC unit in this shop. Good move! It doesn'y keep all 1200 sq. ft. at 72* but it REALLY sucks the water out of the air and keeps it and at much-better-than-ambient temp. My shop in A2 had a window unit and with MI humidity it helped there, too. Just sayin' it's worth doing. Insulate with the foam board w/foil outer covering and you're more than half way there.

Dan

Comment

• Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
                  Jason - Living in coastal NC and having moved from Ann Arbor, I immediately installed a thru-the-wall AC unit in this shop. Good move! It doesn'y keep all 1200 sq. ft. at 72* but it REALLY sucks the water out of the air and keeps it and at much-better-than-ambient temp. My shop in A2 had a window unit and with MI humidity it helped there, too. Just sayin' it's worth doing. Insulate with the foam board w/foil outer covering and you're more than half way there.

Dan
                  The past few days have me thinking of tossing a window ac unit in there. The downfall is, I'd have to re-wire the garage since, its all super old, fused based 4 circuit stuff. It needs to be done but, I know if I have the AC running, I probably couldn't run the compressor or the welder at the same time.

I am also thinking, when the garage gets a new roof, it will get some venting as well. It's a concrete block building, with a non vented roof and a low ceiling with some, old looking blow in insulation.

Comment

• When you get tired of trying to fix the dents/warpage/how did I do that spots, with filler, you make a ghetto hammer and dolly setup. There will still be a good amount of filler used, obviously, there is no way around that unless you're a metal finishing prodigy. All though, there will be a lot less now.

37243119_2143076612683377_4184849917988044800_n by Jason Bacon, on Flickr

37342706_2143076516016720_6783447712097370112_o by Jason Bacon, on Flickr

37328857_2143076402683398_1007065549106053120_o by Jason Bacon, on Flickr

Comment

• Yep! I actually own a couple of dollies and a real body hammer (though it needs a handle right now) but I'll use ANYTHING that will let me pound a panel back to more or less it's intended shape. All is fair in body work, especially if it reduces the amount of filler needed. Looks like your dent came out pretty well.

Dan

Comment

• I have a friend who bears scars-on-the-inside because I said bad words to him when he used one of my dolly blocks as firewood. Never mess with a man's wood.

Comment

• Well, it's no show piece and, I am not starting over so, I'll just have to live with its raggedness. Once I finish getting it smooth, it will be time to make a mold off of it. Putting primer down, really shows off all of the flaws in it.

Hood (1 of 7) by Jason Bacon, on Flickr

Hood (2 of 7) by Jason Bacon, on Flickr

Hood (3 of 7) by Jason Bacon, on Flickr

Hood (4 of 7) by Jason Bacon, on Flickr

Hood (5 of 7) by Jason Bacon, on Flickr

Hood (6 of 7) by Jason Bacon, on Flickr

Hood (7 of 7) by Jason Bacon, on Flickr

Comment

• So, I told myself I am going to accept it and just start making the mold but... I went back out and started to smooth the hood out some more.

Hood (1 of 8) by Jason Bacon, on Flickr

Hood (2 of 8) by Jason Bacon, on Flickr

Hood (3 of 8) by Jason Bacon, on Flickr

Hood (4 of 8) by Jason Bacon, on Flickr

Hood (5 of 8) by Jason Bacon, on Flickr

Hood (6 of 8) by Jason Bacon, on Flickr

Hood (8 of 8) by Jason Bacon, on Flickr

Comment

• I guess, you really do need to learn when to call it a wrap. This thing won't get any better with out new, proper tools and more space that I do not have. So, it's time to make a mold off of this and call it a day.

Hood (1 of 8)-2 by Jason Bacon, on Flickr

Hood (2 of 8)-2 by Jason Bacon, on Flickr

Hood (3 of 8)-2 by Jason Bacon, on Flickr

Hood (4 of 8)-2 by Jason Bacon, on Flickr

Hood (5 of 8)-2 by Jason Bacon, on Flickr

Hood (6 of 8)-2 by Jason Bacon, on Flickr

Hood (7 of 8)-2 by Jason Bacon, on Flickr

Comment

• They say, Jason, if it's a street car you need a stock gas tank. To that I say, I don't trust zip ties and hose clamps holding a gas tank in the car.

BCN_5196 by Jason Bacon, on Flickr

BCN_5199 by Jason Bacon, on Flickr

Comment

Working...
                                X