No announcement yet.

The Forgotten Fox Body, Turbo Lincoln Mark 7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A little more work on the front of the hood and, I should be ready to take it off and weld it all up and start the metal finishing.

Hood (1 of 5) by Jason Bacon, on Flickr

Hood (2 of 5) by Jason Bacon, on Flickr

Hood (3 of 5) by Jason Bacon, on Flickr

If the paint on the hood had some flake in it, I'd probably want to paint the car that color.
    Hood (4 of 5) by Jason Bacon, on Flickr

Hood (5 of 5) by Jason Bacon, on Flickr

Comment

I was able to get a bit more work done today, it is now almost ready for filler and then to start its new life. After I get it all dialed in with the filler, I can start making a mold from it and then, a glass hood. I also had the first look of it, from a distance and was oddly satisfied with the look of it. I am still debating on cutting the center support out and taking maybe a 1/4" off of it, bringing the crown of the rear down a bit.

Hood (1 of 5)-2 by Jason Bacon, on Flickr

Hood (2 of 5)-2 by Jason Bacon, on Flickr

Hood (3 of 5)-2 by Jason Bacon, on Flickr

Hood (4 of 5)-2 by Jason Bacon, on Flickr

Hood (5 of 5)-2 by Jason Bacon, on Flickr

Comment

very cool
        Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

It's coming along for sure. Good to have you on the Forum and congrats on the front page "ink".

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
            It's coming along for sure. Good to have you on the Forum and congrats on the front page "ink".

Dan
            I had to go look to figure out what you meant by that and..HOLY CRAP!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bacon View Post
              Treadware of 000
              Tires-5133 by Detroit Style, on Flickr

Tires-5128 by Detroit Style, on Flickr
              So any miles you get out of them will be a bonus !
              Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Cool project!
                On installing the bell, I hope you stood the tranny up and laid the bell onto it..
                Installed 4 of them and were a pain, then got the steel bell and it said to stand it up. JW says nothing about that.
                One of the tranny killers in a Demolition Derby is cracked/broken bells and the torque converter comes out.
                JW was the only answer until someone made steel ones.. But they are heavy!

You should be close to firing up by now?

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post

Dan
                  I'm betting McSquatch needed a cold shower and a few moments to compose himself before he drafted that e-ink

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post

I'm betting McSquatch needed a cold shower and a few moments to compose himself before he drafted that e-ink
                    The reason I came here, was I remember reading how he has a thing for Mark 7s so... This may have been a setup.

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post

Nah, cold shower comes after the writeup is done. Don't want to lose the enthusiasm, y'know...
                      Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

• Bigfoot's imperial may take a few lessons from it .
                        Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

• low blow!
                          Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

• Originally posted by BangShift McT View Post
                            low blow!

Comment

• Originally posted by BangShift McT View Post
                              low blow!
                              While your taking it good naturedly, Maybe a more pro-touring build would be better for the curves down in the Bluegrass State .

Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan Barlow View Post
                                While your taking it good naturedly, Maybe a more pro-touring build would be better for the curves down in the Bluegrass State .
                                Something like Grigg's SLA, Cobra IRS and maybe a Trans Am style throwback? That is what I'd like to do if I were to hit the lotto at least.

Comment

Working...
                                X