No announcement yet.

Daily Diesel Colorado

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

and still better then any ford ever built....
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

I wonder how similar this is to the Aussie Holden Colorado? They look the same, the Holden comes out of Thailand though. I did actually consider the Colorado except I wouldn't want to spend any time in the back seat, important when the kids are already as tall/taller than their mother.
      Oh and the dealers here are less than stella.

Comment

Originally posted by irsa76 View Post
        I wonder how similar this is to the Aussie Holden Colorado? They look the same, the Holden comes out of Thailand though. I did actually consider the Colorado except I wouldn't want to spend any time in the back seat, important when the kids are already as tall/taller than their mother.
        Oh and the dealers here are less than stella.
        nearly identical. some smog stuff added, but the basics are the same. diesel motor comes from Thailand.

Comment

Intriguing, of course thanks to VW, this may not be available as an oil burner for long. I like the concept a lot. Of course the blue oval will not bring the diesel here for the new ranger, but it will have a 10 speed trans so that 2.3L gas should be able to at least stay in the rear view mirror of one of these, matted.
          There's always something new to learn.

Comment

500 miles on a tank of fuel - the DEF will probably be the death of all diesels, but for people who live in places that don't test - there are kits to completely remove the system. Once you do that, it's an Isuzu motor.... and they really do last forever.

and it's a lot faster then you think it is....

Comment

more parts arrived, probably won't get this or the leveling kit installed before next week.... but exciting nonetheless

well packed

ta da

some assembly required

Comment

Very Nice!
                Patrick & Tammy
                - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

I put the lights together (another thing I really like about this bumper - comes with them)

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
                    500 miles on a tank of fuel - the DEF will probably be the death of all diesels, but for people who live in places that don't test - there are kits to completely remove the system. Once you do that, it's an Isuzu motor.... and they really do last forever.

and it's a lot faster then you think it is....
                    My work truck 2014 F150 5.0 gets over 600 miles to the tank! But that might be more to do with the tank being at least 32 gallons?

as someone who would rather not stop for gas I think 600 miles per tank should be the goal. I have heard that the newer f150 has a smaller tank and less range. Leave it to them to mess up a good thing.
                    http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
                    1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
                    ​​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by Russell View Post

My work truck 2014 F150 5.0 gets over 600 miles to the tank! But that might be more to do with the tank being at least 32 gallons?

as someone who would rather not stop for gas I think 600 miles per tank should be the goal. I have heard that the newer f150 has a smaller tank and less range. Leave it to them to mess up a good thing.
                      fuel is weight - they have to meet EPA goals so by reducing the tank size, economy goes up.... it's a 20 gallon tank, means a 500 mile fill up is like 16 gallons. I don't do the pee in a jar routine, so about the best I can do is 4 hours.... stopping for fuel solves two problems.

Comment

Originally posted by Russell View Post

2016 - has a 36 gallon tank but they had weird option packages for a bottom of the line truck. No backup camera, but an electric "locker". 750 miles on a tank is not uncommon although I have no idea why they put that big of a tank in it. It worked out great during the last storm day scare fuel hoarding episode here where all the stations ran out of gas. I'm definitely going to have to stop before it needs to be filled up. I don't know how far the dogs can go, but 100 miles per "I have to stop" from the missus is about normal. That's about how far apart rest stops are on the highway here.

The DEF thing down here - they program it out and the ODBii scans clean. Inspections don't generate revenue so nobody bothers doing a visual. I don't mind seeing a little black smoke on acceleration, but this "roal coal" business is going to get the kind of attention from the EPA that diesels don't need right now. Every bro-dozer in town has to be huffing like a coal fired steam engine?

I think GDI petrol engines are a contender. I'll have to wait and see on longevity, but I did some quick mental math and there's not enough difference in economy for me to deal with DEF and overpriced diesel fuel or the entry cost on the diesel engine. The stuff is the same price as 93 down here, and the GDI runs fine on 87. We'll see how that works out in the long run.

I see the bumper fell off the Chevy already? WOW! You know I'm just teasing you right? How is the heated tailgate option working out? Hehehe. I am completely messing with you. Enjoy.

Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Originally posted by Beagle View Post

I see the bumper fell off the Chevy already? WOW! You know I'm just teasing you right? How is the heated tailgate option working out? Hehehe. I am completely messing with you. Enjoy.
                          Need winch to clear trail of broken Fords, it's really quite annoying to have to go to this trouble just because of other's poor choices.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post

Need winch to clear trail of broken Fords, it's really quite annoying to have to go to this trouble just because of other's poor choices.
                            I hear the same lines from the guy at work who asks 3x times a month for a ride to the diesel shop to pick up his Chevy... I asked him why he didn't get the optional tow rope. You know why you need a heated tailgate? Keeps your hands from getting frostbite when you're pushing and your butt from getting cold while you wait for the tow truck.

You're not really gonna scratch the paint on that on a trail already? I'm still cringing when the bed gets scratched on mine from using it like a truck.

(for the guys thinking I'm just being a dink, I actually love the Isuzu mill)
                            Last edited by Beagle; March 29, 2018, 04:34 AM.
                            Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Originally posted by Beagle View Post

I hear the same lines from the guy at work who asks 3x times a month for a ride to the diesel shop to pick up his Chevy... I asked him why he didn't get the optional tow rope. You know why you need a heated tailgate? Keeps your hands from getting frostbite when you're pushing and your butt from getting cold while you wait for the tow truck.

You're not really gonna scratch the paint on that on a trail already? I'm still cringing when the bed gets scratched on mine from using it like a truck.

(for the guys thinking I'm just being a dink, I actually love the Isuzu mill)
                              I admire his loyalty, but after my second ride, I'd be saying 'lemon' and getting a new truck. Though funny, on two levels, is that I do lemon law and the last dozen fights were all toyota... and it's a gift that keeps on giving since Toyota 'fixes' them and sends back to the lot. GM, Ford, Fiat (the big 3) all roll over pretty quickly anymore when someone says lemon.

already scratched it hauling another diesel motor - which, on balance, is a better first scratch then scratched by some cow in a minivan.

Comment

Time to complete the post
                                all ready

if you need to remove the grill from your stock bumper.... first put the pick in behind the tab and pull gently

removal was not per instructions.... ah well, this isn't my first rodeo, but some things to know - first, there are 3 8mm-socket screws from the edge of the light towards the wheel that must be removed (after you remove the liner)

there are also 2 bolts nicely hidden in the grill itself

yeah, fab4, it'd be good if you mentioned that... thx

other questionable instructions - you MUST have 2 people to install. Yeah, either that or a guy named Super (as in SuperBuickGuy)

fitted

while I was at it, I installed a 2 1/2" adjustable lift. It has amazingly exact and clear instructions so this is merely attached for your entertainment

yep installed

however, there is one thing.... the bracket - they talk about removing the clips... take the bolt out. When you put it back on, there is a fitting issue

that is really easy to fix

I hate rattles, and I know how annoying it would be to have that thing clunking but only on full droop.... which, surprisingly happens more then you might imagine. There is a corner near my house that in my H3, I'd go around it fast enough to get the inner front tire just enough off the ground to trigger the traction control.... I didn't figure it out until I redid the shocks (added longer shocks) and the traction control didn't come on....

The net lift, since I added about 225 lbs to the front was an inch. which is good but eventually there will be a post about me lifting this 5.5 more and running 35s.... just not yet.

Comment

Working...
                                X