gear vendors overdrive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gear vendors overdrive

Just completed the install of the gear vendors on the turbo 400 in my Camaro. this was an easy install and made a tremendous difference in the cars driveabitity. i feel like i can actually complete the power tour now.

i have often wondered what people think of them in a real world before and after situation.
    It sure sounds tempting to not have to fool around with the 700r. keep this updated, I am very curious. Thanks!
    A.K.A. Brian
    Jack of many trades-master of none

Comment

I had one in my 57 suburban for a while, it worked well. I put it in my 59 pickup before I sold the 57, it's working well still. I also have one in my drag week Chevy II, it's doing fine. have close to 10k miles on that one, I think

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

That’s what I need to do. Keep us posted, it’s reassuring.
        Jim & Cathy North Mankato, MN Long Haulers '04,07,08,09,10,11,12,13,14,18,21Short Haul '05,'15,'17,’19 WST '14,'15,'16,'17,’18

Comment

Especially for powertrain combinations that are uncommon and don't have a modern equivalent bolt on overdrive trans, these sure seem like a great option. The fact that so many dragweek guys use them at such tremendous power levels, I'm quite unlikely to build anything that would break one!
          There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Originally posted by milner351 View Post
            Especially for powertrain combinations that are uncommon and don't have a modern equivalent bolt on overdrive trans, these sure seem like a great option. The fact that so many dragweek guys use them at such tremendous power levels, I'm quite unlikely to build anything that would break one!
            I've seen them in big motorhomes sporting big blocks...
            Not positive but was told one big builder offered them as an option.....alotta weight

Comment

Just for comparison sake, I looked up quick time bell housing adaptors, and another site that uses plates instead of complete bell housings to adapt this engine to that transmission.
              Not cheap in the $700 range for most automatics.... but if you really got to have over drive - that's another viable option.

Browse our selection of bellhousings from Lakewood and Quick Time

Speed Gems is a manufacturer and supplier of transmission adapters that allow the custom car builder to use a variety of engine and transmission combinations. These Kits are Proudly Produced in the U.S.A.!

There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Working...
              X