No announcement yet.

The Pusher!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My son dropped off 3 more 16" tires so that gets all them plus a spare! At no cost. They are used but all of them have less than 1000 miles on them. They still have tit's!
    Last night I bought a spot light of E bay for $40.00!

Click image for larger version

Name:	spot light.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	26.5 KB
ID:	1186765
    Attached Files
    Retirement is better than I thought!

Comment

When you need a new bulb.... Install a "landing light" They are about equal to 100 watt off road lights.. They light up a long ways!

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
        When you need a new bulb.... Install a "landing light" They are about equal to 100 watt off road lights.. They light up a long ways!
        Now you're just going old school on us DB..... nice to remind Andy and show the younger members the old ways....
        Patrick & Tammy
        - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Originally posted by silver_bullet View Post

Now you're just going old school on us DB..... nice to remind Andy and show the younger members the old ways....
          Was hauling a small crawler on backroads towards the coast at night.. 45 mph down to 15 mph curves.. The single landing light kept me on the road!
          Deer are seen waaay sooner.

Comment

Had a pair if Per-Lux landing lights on my truck when I was a kid...worked better than KC Daylighter...
            Patrick & Tammy

Comment

Most of the bulbs I see for landing lights is 13,14 24 volts nothing at 12 volts. I'll keep searching thoe thanks for the info.

Comment

The 13 or 14 volt bulbs will work fine on a 12 volt system... they will just not be quite as bright as 14 volt, but, they will last longer at a reduced voltage...
                Patrick & Tammy

Comment

Lol, aircraft landing lights was a common fitment for the high beams on quad 5 1/4" lights here. Still is fairly common for rally Datsun 510s actually.

Comment

Originally posted by silver_bullet View Post
                    The 13 or 14 volt bulbs will work fine on a 12 volt system... they will just not be quite as bright as 14 volt, but, they will last longer at a reduced voltage...
                    No point in going 14 volts if not going to get the benefit out of it though! That was the point of the light swap to get brighter light out put.

Comment

I should clarify... the reason for us using landing lights in the past was because our vehicle headlamps were of the T3 variety and landing lights were not dot approved due to their brilliance.... if output is what you're after, find an appropriate LED lamp for your application..... hope this helps.....
                      Patrick & Tammy

Comment

On the farm when I had sheep, foxes and coyotes were a big problem.. (pre 1980's) Daytime they blended in their surroundings too good.. With landing lights I could see 1/2 mile away and shoot up to 2-300 yards away.
                        Landing light (note singular) will shine 3-6 times further than headlights
                        The street I live on now has 20 houses at 100' widths.. Headlights at high beams go 2-3 houses worth.. Single landing light will light up the barrier at the end of the street..
                        I guess you have to experience them..

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
                          On the farm when I had sheep, foxes and coyotes were a big problem.. (pre 1980's) Daytime they blended in their surroundings too good.. With landing lights I could see 1/2 mile away and shoot up to 2-300 yards away.
                          Landing light (note singular) will shine 3-6 times further than headlights
                          The street I live on now has 20 houses at 100' widths.. Headlights at high beams go 2-3 houses worth.. Single landing light will light up the barrier at the end of the street..
                          I guess you have to experience them..
                          I not trying to argue but can't figure out how a 13,14 are 24 volt light will be that much brighter /better on 12 to 14 volts only if the truck is running. Your saying the beam is narrower than a regular head light so it goes out further right. Even at a lower voltage than it's rated for?

Comment

It does have a concentrated beam, it also lights up the area around it..
                            I am able to follow an animal (or man) with it as a spotlight..
                            I use 2. One behind the grille and one on the roof mount spotlight.
                            The grille one is hooked to a switch, should be a foot dimmer but, I'm lazy..

Comment

I'll keep looking then and try one. Thanks.

Comment

Back in early seventies my oldest brother had a pair of ye old landing lights in his quad light LeSabre Buick, they used to pull into and sweep the fields for deer.
                                Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
                                If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

Working...
                                X