Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I solemnly swear I am up to no good

Comment

Other than those scrawny tail pipes it didn't look like to bad of an exhaust . Looking forward to see what you've done .
      Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

It is the factory exhaust from a similar vintage P71. When going for factory parts, these are the ones to go for, as there are no resonators in the tailpipes.

This was a craigslist score that I could not pass up. I would have paid the same at a yard for just the pipes, or it would have been the same buying the hangars from the dealer, which are getting tougher to find as they are NLA at most dealerships. I look at is as buying the hangars and a free cat-back came with the purchase.

Wife wasn't too happy as I had to use her car to bring it home, since the h-pipe u-bolts were rusted and I could not separate the mufflers from the h-pipe. Thank goodness I keep a tarp and rubber cargo mat in the thing for such contingencies.

Fun fact #45664 - a 2012 GMC Acadia is almost the same overall length as this cat-back exhaust system. H-pipe went to the dash between the seats and I still had about an inch of pipe still hanging out the hatch.
        Last edited by Admirall2; February 22, 2018, 10:05 AM.

Comment

I wouldn't say that's no good... that's your good deed for the day...
          Patrick & Tammy
          - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Well I got the crusty U-bolts off and one of the mufflers out of the h-pipe. Then the flu hit. Things be on hold until after I get over the crud.

Comment

Hope it sn't too bad for you..stay healthy!
              Flu is hitting bad around here..
              I stay home alot, minimumizing my contact with the idiots that run around sick..

Comment

I had mine this year in spite of having the shot. But it wasn't TOO bad for me so I'm guessing the shot helped. Hope yours fades quickly.

Dan

Comment

I get it if I get the shot or not. Just one of those things. Sucks that this is my only free weekend for awhile. Gives me a chance to get some new u-bolts at least.

Comment

Starting small, got the exhaust brackets painted.

Tommorow is upullit for sway bars and brackets

Comment

I might be getting your CV confused with someone else's but didn't it get hit and even though perfectly drivable get totaled ?
                      Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Barlow View Post
                        I might be getting your CV confused with someone else's but didn't it get hit and even though perfectly drivable get totaled ?
                        Yes, Dan's confused..
                        This one is in AZ
                        Wrecked one was S.CA..

Comment

Thanks Bob . I'll get me some popcorn and a coke and settle in for the show .
                          Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Replaced plugs and coils today. As well as fuel filter. I lost all my pictures of the dual exhaust install, but it is in and helped out greatly with throttle response and mileage.

Here is the condition of the plugs that came out, driver's side on the left, passenger on the right. I do not know how many miles are on the plugs, but I have put 7k on the car since I bought it.

Comment

So, I took this car on a road trip to the long beach cruise terminal over the weekend before July 4th. Ran like a swiss watch until I hit Riverside. When that happened, the entire car went dark and the engine died. No headlights, no taillights,completely dead stick.

I was able to safely get off the freeway and at the end of the ramp, I really stomped the brakes and everything came back up. Figured something electrical. There was an autozone about a half mile away. Drove very carefully and made it ok. This is around 9:40 or so in the evening. I ask if there is any way they can test the battery. They inform me that it isn't possible as only 2 people were present in the store. No problem, I'll pull it and they can test it at the counter. 3 minutes later the battery is pulled and I am getting it tested. Test come back ok. I explain what happened and they don't think it is the battery or alternator. I am inclined to agree with them. Time is now 9:55 PM. I head out the door with my battery and they promptly lock the doors behind me, consigning me to whatever fate the mechanical gremlins deem fit for this trip.

My lovely and patient wife is on the phone with her folks as I reinstall the battery. They are planning to get us a tow, not quite sure how that would help. So I know the Vic has 2 power feeds that I have messed with recently while messing with replacing valve cover gaskets. Both of them were loose. The one under the brake booster feeds the ECM. Two turns and that one was tight. Checked the main power feed to the distribution block and winner winner chicken dinner. Tightened it up and we are good to go.

We have a wonderful cruise and the drive home was uneventful. not bad for a 800 mile roadtrip.

Comment

Good troubleshooting !
                                Patrick & Tammy
                                - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Working...
                                X