No announcement yet.

Turdbird

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Might be tight but it looks like a better fit than a mod motor or Miami/Coyote in an Aussie Falcon. When Ford puts tape on components to help them slip into the engine bay you know it's tight.

Comment

I been working...I got everything on it and it's running and driving. Well...not quite everything. I need to plug up holes in the firewall and put in a rear firewall to close off the trunk, since the fuel cell is in the trunk.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180113_162958.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	436.0 KB
ID:	1186556
      My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

That's alsome! Will you get to take it to the track and test it before the big race?
        http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
        1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
        ​​​​​​

Comment

No, I won't be able to test it until Friday night, at the Zip Tie Drags. If I had got it ready by yesterday morning, I might have had a chance...but I didn't.

I might drive it down my street once to see if it actually gets all the gears, but that would be highly illegal, so I won't tell you when it will happen. The open headers might let the neighbors know.

My fabulous web page

Comment

hauling it to the drag strip tomorrow. Should be interesting to see what happens.

Name:	finished.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	500.3 KB
ID:	1187136
            My fabulous web page

Comment

now it needs to be re-named. instead of the turdbird
              it seems more fitting to call it the thunderturd.....

Comment

not enough letters to do that, unfortunately.

Name:	turd.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	65.2 KB
ID:	1187149
                My fabulous web page

Comment

Patrick & Tammy
                  - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Devil is in the details...

Comment

As usual, your creation is exactly what it should be!
                      Chris - HRPT Long Haul 03, 04, 05, 13, 14, 15,16 & 18
                      74 Nova Project
                      66 Mustang GT Project

92 Camaro RS Convertible Project
                      79 Chevy Truck Project
                      1956 Cadillac Project

Comment

Needs more primer. Or are you trying to instill abit of show quality to the ziptie drags?

Comment

Doing the least amount of work possible, to make it do the job.

Anyways...the event kind of happened, the car kind of worked, we're back home now. The weather predictions looked bleak for Saturday afternoon, and sure enough, as soon as the FvsFnF race started, it started raining, and cold wind blowing, and they called it off. No hooptie challenge. Oh well.

I ran the car Friday night, and it ran real slow, like it was out of breath over 4000 rpm. I had the little air cleaner on it, and the throttle linkage was acting up because I didn't build it well, and the carb was not working right, in general. hard to keep it running when it was cold, etc. Ran a mid 15 at 87 mph. sucky.

Sat morning, we swapped the carb from my truck onto the turd, and fixed the linkage, checked timing, etc. and put the velocity stack on, to replace the air cleaner. The wind had started up, so they only ran us 1/8 mile. Ran a 9.0 (it ran 10.0 the night before), at 81. It spun bad out of the hole, and got up to 6500 rpm before I knew what happened, so I shifted while it was still spinning, so it bogged a little in second, then it did some popping and stuff. Not a clean run. But that was the last run I got. I stopped at the scale to weigh it, 2962 lbs. I noticed it was puking out the overflow bottle, which I thought was strange, the engine didn't feel real hot. Went to the pits, it puked a bunch more. I checked engine temps with the temp gun, around 230 at the thermostat housing, 215 at the heads, not too bad. Then Joe showed up, said he watched the run and got video (yay!), and also said hey, your fan belt came off. Doh! the alternator pulley was a bad one, too narrow groove, and I knew it would cause problems, but never fixed it and forgot to even bring a spare belt. Dan's son went and got a belt for me, but ends up didn't run the car again. I also swiped the pulley of my truck to put on the car.

Fun event, even though we didn't get to do the race I built the car for. Neat stuff, lots of nice folks, etc. Got to talk with Elana and her husband Tom for a while, and said hi to Mike. Didn't see Steve, unfortunately, I'd have liked to say hi to him, too. But I did get to talk to Jacob a little.
                          My fabulous web page

Comment

Originally posted by squirrel View Post
                            not enough letters to do that, unfortunately.

Name:	turd.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	65.2 KB
ID:	1187149

that is so freaking awesome....

Comment

reprieve for the turdbird. There's going to be a new thing on TEN/Discovery, the 3k hooptie challenge (co-hosted by our BangShift host Brian!). By invite, filming the first episode the begging of March in Tucson. Yay! I put in for it, hope the turdbird makes the cut.

Big announcement! We are doing a NEW VIDEO SERIES ABOUT THE $3K HOOPTIE CHALLENGE, and we will pay the cars that are invited to race! Every car that's invited gets $250, and winners of five classes...

My fabulous web page

Comment

looks like I get to go play at the Hooptie Challenge at the beginning of March. Yay.

My fabulous web page

Comment

Working...
                                X