X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I missed this one entirely!!
    Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

sill haven't got the registration stuff squared away, so I guess it'll turn into a race only car, not a street/strip car as I envisioned.

I gutted the rest of the interior and engine bay today. Two weeks to get it to run elevens. Wish me luck.

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

I blame you for me getting the bug for a new car. I love the MN12 platform.

Comment

You are building this and the mopar at the same time?
          http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
          1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
          ​​​​​​

Comment

well....sort of. The mopar is gonna take a while, this needs to be done in two weeks.
            My fabulous web page

Comment

Zip tie drags?
              http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
              1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
              ​​​​​​

Comment

yup
                My fabulous web page

Comment

started working on the engine. It's a 454 I built from leftover parts, 17 years ago. I'm not using the rectangular port heads on it this time, but a set of $50 396 heads I recently got, that had a valve job and guides installed, but not seats nor assembly. I'm going to re use some springs and retainers. I did a quicky clean up port job on the bowls to hopefully get them to move a little bit of air.

Staring at the headers, trying to imagine how they might fit. They were also free, of course they will need some cut and hack. The engine bay is pretty big but the crossmember is in the way.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180104_093807.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	515.6 KB
ID:	1185406
                  Attached Files
                  My fabulous web page

Comment

I wondered what you were doing witht the chevy engine...
                    Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

yup! this is it.

And I'm also putting a mock up engine together, so I can see how I'm going to make it fit into the car, without having to worry about keeping the engine clean, etc. fortunately I have pieces of a few other big blocks laying around.
                      My fabulous web page

Comment

That reminds me. I owe you a pack of zip ties as my promised sponsorship. I'll go first class and get the hardware store ones and not the Harbor Freight variety - time for me to pay up!

Dan

Comment

heh...thanks! but I have a big bag of them already, I don't go through them very fast.

Did a little test fitting tonight. It almost fits. I had some Camaro headers left over from another project, and I think if I do some tube cutting and welding, I can get the engine to sit forward enough so the driveshaft will fit without having to cut it (which is more expensive than me modifying headers).

Name:	IMG_20180104_200829.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	468.9 KB
ID:	1185485
                          Attached Files
                          My fabulous web page

Comment

Looks like ample room for the dist?

Comment

i forgot to check. But i'm using a small distributor anyways. Thanks for the reminder!

a few pics after the mounts are made.

Name:	mounts.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	551.2 KB
ID:	1185586
                              Attached Files
                              My fabulous web page

Comment

We have to cut the engine side of the cowl for our derby cars... They bend the dist into the cowl after a couple hard hits..
                                We buy mounts that weld onto the cradle for chevys.. Your's look like our early attempts.

Since your car may be a sub frame, I would suggest big washers or plates on the floor where the sub frame ends..
                                I seem to think your car is a "pinch frame"? Not much can do with the power/weight you plan to run

Diplomants are pinch frames and derby guys bend over the pinched together pieces, weld the bent over part to the frame.. Amazing how much stronger they are that way... You likely do not want/need to go there. If it looks flexy while testing, maaaybe?

Always like the small car-big motor toys.

Off subject.. What kind of mileage do you get in a light modified BBC? my crew dualie gets 9 mpg with an intake change. Thinking a better cam would help..

Comment

Working...
                                X