Coppertone vette

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coppertone vette

It's an 85 Corvette. I bought it for 600 bucks and [ATTACH=CONFIG]n1170776[/ATTACH] sold a hundred bucks worth of top.
    Today is the day we start gutting this thing for a Vette Kart. I will update throughout the day.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by rightpedal; August 18, 2017, 10:47 AM.
    Well I have stopped buying stuff for cars I don't own. Is that a step in the right or wrong direction?

Dang! Where are those deals when I'm looking? It doesn't look TOO bad - at least, no rust.

Dan

Comment

Oh its got some rust... not horrific but definitely there. The car is pretty hashed. The wiring was chewed up. Mice?? I don't know. The interior is bad. Rips, tears, stains, and that mouse smell that never goes away. The engine has some go fast goodies on it. Upgraded injectors, decent air cleaner, BBK throttle body. That will all go on craigslist tomorrow.
      I am going full analog. Carburetor on a old torker 2 with a points distributor. Mostly because I have it laying around.
      Well I have stopped buying stuff for cars I don't own. Is that a step in the right or wrong direction?

Comment

Didn't get as much done as I wanted to. T-storms rolled in about 6:30. Dumped a lot of rain. I worked on the carb/intake/distributor combo. Mostly hunting down the weird little stuff.
        Last edited by rightpedal; August 18, 2017, 06:57 PM.

Comment

Might wanna do a head gasket swap.. Looks like it has puked it's rusty guts out the radiator cap..

Comment

yea we thought about that. Not going to happen on this go around. I really just need to get it striped and running enough so it can move around in the driveway and on to a trailer. It also was a good excuse to have the boys over for beer and sawzall work.

Comment

Its late and i have to catch a early flight so short update. Car is stripped and back in running condition.

Big thanks to bser Walt and my buddy Eric fir putting in a long day stripping the vette.

Comment

Originally posted by rightpedal View Post
                Its late and i have to catch a early flight so short update. Car is stripped and back in running condition.

Big thanks to bser Walt and my buddy Eric fir putting in a long day stripping the vette.

man, i got itchy just looking at that cut 'glass....

Comment

Hi Walt! (Good to see him)

I'm seeing a pile of stuff to put on CL.

Dan

Comment

At least the doors and hood . Makes me want to do the red vette that way . At least for a little while before stuffing the frame under something else .
                    Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n1171200[/ATTACH] Sorry had to go out west see the wife and the eclipse. Pretty dam spectacular!!!
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by rightpedal; August 22, 2017, 06:25 AM.

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n1171203[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]n1171204[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]n1171205[/ATTACH]

Back to our regularly scheduled program. The internals of the motor looked fairly clean. The orange sludge in the cooling passages is suspect, but that is a battle I will fight in the future. I had an old torqer II and the qtf slayer off the c10 laying around. Amazon screwed me with late shipping so intake gaskets got slimmed with rtv and reused. I forgotten about the computer controlled hei distributor so it was a scramble to napa (er twice) for module and wire/cap harness. We had motor noises by the end of the day. When i get back i have to make a throttle/trans bracket and do some quick tune work.

How much should i ask for the TPI setup? 100? 200? Its craigslist and it needs to leave.
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by rightpedal; August 22, 2017, 06:48 AM.

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n1171208[/ATTACH]

Check out the super safe scienced out fuel system.
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by rightpedal; August 22, 2017, 06:54 AM.

Comment

Fuel Cell!

Dan

Comment

We need an over all picture. Is the plan to give it a cage someday? This looks like fun!
                              Last edited by Russell; August 22, 2017, 07:11 PM.
                              http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
                              1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
                              ​​​​​​

Comment

Working...
                              X