Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post

... was the better, budget item ....
    Come On Man - budget ... That is a number you give the wife (significant other) ONLY when you know they can't verify it!

Comment

Originally posted by cstmwgn View Post

Come On Man - budget ... That is a number you give the wife (significant other) ONLY when you know they can't verify it!
      you mean the number I said which I hope she doesn't sell it for on my death?
      Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

One of the guys at work said, dang man that big engine what about gas mileage. I laughed and told him if you're worried about that go get a Prius! This winter will be fun, finishing up the Camaro and getting to know the Impala intimately! Probably work on floorboards first, then move to engine bay. Like I said got a sweet running SBC which I'm going to put in my 75/80 Chevy truck which needs a motor ( money saved on a rebuild ). As for parking room, main shop is 30×46, garage is 20×25, my first shop at mom's house is 24×30, but space is starting to get tight!
        Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
        If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

Looks like a great project!! Will be following the progress, can't wait to see what you do with it!
          Hot Rod Power Tour...As much fun as you can have in a car with your clothes on!!
          Gregg and Deb Miller
          Verona, Wi.

Comment

Perry, that car car is going to be so much fun to see on Powertour. I bet Robert and John will appreciate the extra room. I'm looking forward to seeing the progress.
            Visit my sons blog:
            www.driftundertheradar.com

Comment

I may have to do another power tour now .

​Edit - I may need someone with a big trunk to haul my gear though .
              Last edited by Dan Barlow; August 6, 2017, 07:49 PM.
              Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Barlow View Post
                I may have to do another power tour now .

​Edit - I may need someone with a big trunk to haul my gear though .
                That was the evolving issue, although it will soon be just me and John the issue of space will still loom. Everything I have is space limited, Vette, Camaro, Camaro, and in the I'll build it one day part of the shop, Vette, Camaro! Like I said earlier this has been on my mind for a couple of years and last year on PT my youngest hurt his ankle so Robert ( 6'1" ) crawled into the backseat of the 11 Camaro so I could get him in an out easier, yep it's time to up-size!! Here is a teaser but take off the giant cowl hood. Or maybe just back stock. Comments!!

Comment

While the wheels of the first one appear to be TT2s and alot of people have them they look perfect on this car . So maybe if you find a 5 spoke that is a little different it would satisfy being just enough orininality . I like the black but I like chrome bumpers eventually . Unless you make or find fiberglass copies . To me it seems like everyone has a traditional cowl induction hood . Even on non chevies . But if you could put some 68 -69 chevelle hood bulges in the hood or possibly 1st gen camaro hood vents , I think that would help break up the large expanse of hood and not be like everyone else . When the red vette got its body crack up I went looking for a 66 impala to put the suspension under ( a bro. In law has a nice unrestored 66 caprice ) but everything was out of my price range or the condition was too rough . In the end the non rust charactoristics of another C4 won out . This will be fun watching you work though !
                  Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Thanks for the opinion! I have always been a little reserve and have kept the stock appearance on my other rides it's just the way I like them but this time I going to deviate a little, not hard core custom but a little deviation from stock. Got a while to really nail down the final appearance while the engine, drivetrain, and suspension are pretty much decided, so like I said all comments are welcome. Yeah I think this will be a fun build stepping out of my keep it original thought process.

Comment

Second one with the first set of rolling stock.... 3" full exhaust...468, ramjet FI, TH400 with a GearVendors OD....
                      Patrick & Tammy
                      - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Originally posted by silver_bullet View Post
                        Second one with the first set of rolling stock.... 3" full exhaust...468, ramjet FI, TH400 with a GearVendors OD....
                        Uhhh I might need to show you my bank account! Lol Ha Ha!
                        Believe it or not Patrick the Ramjet FI is in the running!! Great minds think alike!

Comment

Going up to the lake to bring home the new addition to the fold, a friend in Montgomery had went and got it on his rollback for me. But sitting here I was thinking, it doesn't have a name! One friend said Road Hog. You all I feel have a warped mind like me so throw me suggestions, six pack to the winner!

Comment

How about naming it for the MKV engine that resides within?... Turbo-Jet... something to add on to the ramjet.... Click image for larger version

Name:	e18164bbbbc9b7f6b5c0fb82498d4be1---impala-chevrolet-impala.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	212.6 KB
ID:	1174670
                            Patrick & Tammy
                            - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Well that's two good contenders!

Comment

Originally posted by corvettedad View Post
                                Well that's two good contenders!
                                It would have to be a blue oval to be contender!

Comment

Working...
                                X