Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

project winter beater or cheaper then buying rims and tires (s10 Jimmy)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• project winter beater or cheaper then buying rims and tires (s10 Jimmy)

now hear me out on this when i bought the fucus it had summer only tires rims alone that would not look dumb would cost $800 add on to that the cost of tires was more then i wanted to spend plus the focus is all minty fresh and killing it with rock salt ninjas just seems wrong sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

i bought this not 100% sure on year want to say 95 or 96 as i had a 94 and it was still the box.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	jimmy1.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	171.0 KB
ID:	1162254

Name:	jimmy3.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	177.8 KB
ID:	1162255

Name:	jimmy5.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	137.9 KB
ID:	1162256

Name:	jimmy4.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	130.2 KB
ID:	1162257

Name:	jimmy8.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	110.1 KB
ID:	1162258

Name:	jimmy2.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	81.3 KB
ID:	1162259

issue needs head gaskets or intake gaskets it's eating coolant and smokes white but runs smooth. 4x4 work and it's a 2dr
    Last edited by Mater; June 7, 2017, 07:23 PM.
    Originally posted by Remy-Z;n1167534
    Congratulations, man. You've just inherited the "Patron Saint of Automotive Lost Causes" from me. No question.

75Grand AM 455:Pissed off GrandMA, 68 Volkswagen Type1 "beetle":it will run some year

Nice winter beater!
    Chris - HRPT Long Haul 03, 04, 05, 13, 14, 15,16 & 18
    74 Nova Project
    66 Mustang GT Project

92 Camaro RS Convertible Project
    79 Chevy Truck Project
    1956 Cadillac Project

Comment

Me Likey ! How long will you think it will take to fix the head or will you just pay to have it fixed ?
      Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

not sure yet. depends on if i can get time off of work or not and how close to winter it gets. so far looking to do it my self
        Congratulations, man. You've just inherited the "Patron Saint of Automotive Lost Causes" from me. No question.

75Grand AM 455:Pissed off GrandMA, 68 Volkswagen Type1 "beetle":it will run some year

Comment

So it's snowing in June? If you ask me any day that ends in Y is a good day to buy a car, so I am not hard to sway on the buy.
          http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
          1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
          ​​​​​​

Comment

no these pictures are old when my friend first got it back in February

Comment

got the jimmy today and started into it and man if i ever meat the desinger that made the alternator/power steering bracket i am going to kick him in the nuts..... repeatedly.... with a heavy object

Name:	jimmy10.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	52.1 KB
ID:	1162492

Name:	Jimmy11.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	59.7 KB
ID:	1162493

needs a water pump as well shaft has play and sense i am this far into it it would be silly not too. may even do the timing chain will see

also even with out the bad head gasket this thing was going to start over heater or maybe this is why the gasket failed who knows

Name:	jimmy12.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	60.7 KB
ID:	1162494

Comment

bonus A/C works vents and power brakes do not do to n vacuum for it chugging coolant

Comment

I saw a guy on a S10 forum that put a Explorer GT40 motor in with a T5. It actually fit very well in fact it fits better then a SBC.
                  Tom
                  Overdrive is overrated

Comment

i can see that the ford is a narrower engine

Comment

Originally posted by Huskinhano View Post
                      I saw a guy on a S10 forum that put a Explorer GT40 motor in with a T5. It actually fit very well in fact it fits better then a SBC.
                      That's a not uncommon swap. Not as common as a SBC of course but the Ford IS smaller.

Dan

Comment

getting there

just need a pully puller so i can get the power steering pully off to get the pump off

the 4.3 looks so little

Name:	jimmy13.jpg
Views:	226
Size:	60.4 KB
ID:	1162649

Comment

Go ahead pull it and drop an LS in no sense in fixing it

PB 60' 1.49
                          ​​​​​​

Comment

don't tempt me as i have a LSA blower just sitting in my garage i bought just because

slap that on a 4.8 and let'er scream

Comment

Originally posted by Mater View Post
                              don't tempt me as i have a LSA blower just sitting in my garage i bought just because

slap that on a 4.8 and let'er scream
                              Sounds good as long as you get it done before winter!

PB 60' 1.49
                              ​​​​​​

Comment

Working...
                              X