The Wanderer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dan Barlow View Post
    I take that this was at the air conditioning shop because I've never heard you talk about that cute Mercedes hard top convert !
    funny you mention that, we were discussing that very car and wondering if one had to be gay to buy it or it made you gay after you bought it....
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• Well , if I had it , I'd be happy . But I wouldn't start playing for another team .
      Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

• so you think it makes you gay.... got it - not that there's anything wrong with that.

Comment

• Wifey loves them . She got me to look at them long enough to like them . Nothing there that a SBC wouldn't fix .
          Edit - Not like its a prius or a fiat .
          Last edited by Dan Barlow; April 15, 2017, 12:22 PM.
          Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

• you'd be wrong - the only way to make that car better is to remove the badge, drive a Corvette under the badge, then apply the badge. Those cars are crap.... heavy, slow, unreliable, expensive to maintain... remember, if your wife loves it, it's going to be trouble.
            Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; April 15, 2017, 04:32 PM.

Comment

• The only thing that stopped me from buying one is here in the midwest , they seem to rust . So , even if l got one in nice shap I'd be afraid that if I drove it as even just a three season car , it would start to bubble up somewhere. Of course I have that fear of most cars but more so with European cars . So , thats part of the love I have with corvettes . I love four door jags , Mercedes two seaters , and most old bmws . All these cars have two things in common rear drive fully independent suspensions . Also helping my choice of the plastic fantastic , it was cheaper . Although I have a friend with a 89 bmw 535 with a bad trans that I could get for $400 , right now I have one to many cars . Maybe if I can get shead of the 91 camaro.......
              Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

• Dan - another reason to steer away from Mercedes, BMW, etc. - Bosch! Bad electrics.

Dan

Comment

• Well , I could converse forever about this but this thread is about a suburban so I'll just let it die here .
                  Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

• Hey , I meant the european stuff could die on this thread , no suburban stuff !
                    It's not like your doing nothing !
                    Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

• the last week it was at the shop getting the AC fixed/installed (it's all pretty much brand new). So I was doing other, NSR, stuff like building a deck, fixing siding, building a kennel for the '40... but it came back tonight so we march on.... tomorrow.

Comment

• Oh how I hate photobucket. 14 pictures to upload, only like 4 made it. I'll update later, but for now....
                        first I worked on the dash
                        before

after

oh wait, that was one of those that didn't make it.... oh well....

then there was a whole series of pictures of diagnosing the vacuum system - with a really cool pump that I made from discarded medical devices.

yeah, not those pictures either

good news, the pump is bad

Then I worked on the carpet

pretty nasty
                        I have no idea why this is soaking wet with a sticky substance.... probably won't ask the mechanic - mostly because I'd probably not be able to sleep for a few days after

the new carpet looks good

well, you'll have to mostly trust me on that too... all I know is I have a long way to go and I want to go play at least one weekend a month...

Comment

• If you just come right out and ask for it , I'll give you the weekend off . Otherwise , get the heat gun / blow dryer out and start relaxing those carpet wrinkles !

Or park it in the sun for the weekend while you play ! 😎
                          Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

• thread repairs
                            the dash

the medical vacuum pump

wonder why the old carpet smelled?

and it gets nastier

fortunately the floor seems to have cleaned up okay... maybe it was soda? dunno

Comment

• EWWWWWWWWWWWWWW....
                              Patrick & Tammy
                              - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• so I had 50 minutes to get stuff done... here's what happened

first, carpet was marked

mind you, this is a GENERAL location - if you follow this method cut all this out at your own risk.

middle carpet won't get many holes because I'm not putting the seats back in

while waiting for the vacuum pump, I got the T I broke (and a couple spares)

and then finally started on gauge placement on the pillar... I may not actually use these, but it was a good view of how to do this

why, you ask? because the gauges may not fit.... I have a plan B however, I'll dink with this a bit more before I give up...

at that was 50 minutes.. thanks for watching

Comment

Working...
                                X