350 Vega project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by fatguyzinc View Post
    looking real good...that a factory 'luminum bumper i see hanging of the front?
    i moved our front plate to the center and hung it off the swaybar with hoseclamps...

all KINDS of "appallachian 'merican" engineering going on in MY garage....
    That's where the plate was when I got it and I haven't done anything with it yet.
    I have been tossing around the idea of getting a '71-73 fiberglass front bumper and tucking it in nice and neat. I was thinking about the rear one too. Then I could put the plate on the bumper but then I would have to address the giant hole left in the rear hatch.

Comment

• Comment

• i dunno--i like the rear plate where it is, just didnt like
        the front one off center on our astre.

yours sure is looking mean with the rear c-lines & hood.

Comment

• I was just down at the gravel pit and weighed it. Wow am I disappointed, all I ever hear about is the 2500 pound Vega someone had as a kid. Mine weighed in at 2860.
          Those same people also tell me they built theirs in a weekend, and after the first pass they couldn't get the door open.
          I guess ive pretty much proved every Vega myth wrong.

Comment

• It's going to take 300 hp to run a 7.96 @ 85 mph.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by blackZ View Post
                I was just down at the gravel pit and weighed it. Wow am I disappointed, all I ever hear about is the 2500 pound Vega someone had as a kid. Mine weighed in at 2860.....

sub 3000lb weight is pretty good for an all steel street driver with
                full equipment...as for needing 300hp to run a 12, you should
                be able to do that with your eyes shut even without nitrous...

Comment

I was just down at the gravel pit and weighed it. Wow am I disappointed, all I ever hear about is the 2500 pound Vega someone had as a kid. Mine weighed in at 2860.
                  Those same people also tell me they built theirs in a weekend, and after the first pass they couldn't get the door open.
                  I guess ive pretty much proved every Vega myth wrong.
                  cars get fatter too?
                  Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post

cars get fatter too?

hey--i resemble that remark.......

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• if that dont run a 12 without nitrous looking like that
                          then you are officially moved to 'ricer status', hah hah....

Comment

• Originally posted by fatguyzinc View Post

if that dont run a 12 without nitrous looking like that
                            then you are officially moved to 'ricer status', hah hah....
                            An 8.08 in the 1/8th should be around 12.62 in the 1/4 mile according to the Wallace caculator.
                            ​​​​

Comment

An 8.08 in the 1/8th should be around 12.62 in the 1/4 mile according to the Wallace caculator.
                              ​​​​

and again, that should be easy even without N2O, even with a
                              somewhat healthy SBC in an under 3000lb gokart from h@ll....

Comment

• Here is a video from last Saturday.
                                I have a dzus kit to put on because my hood is about ready to blow off but I haven't had a chance to put them on yet. I was just using a plexiglass scoop for now.
                                I was just playing around with a 100 shot or there about.

Comment

Working...
                                X