No announcement yet.

Spaceman Spiff's winter beater.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You're going to need a new winter beater.
    Tom
    Overdrive is overrated

Comment

I think Spiff's definition of "beater" is different from most of ours. I mean, you've seen the Plymouth!

Dan

Comment

Back to "winter" mode... Altimax Arctic STUDDED snows....

58 Plymouth Sport Suburban. 526 cubic inches of angry wedge! Pushbutton shifted 9 passenger killer!!"

Comment

Let the drifting begin...

Comment

Looking Good.
            "I live for myself and I answer to nobody."

-Steve McQueen

Comment

Nooooooooooooooo !
              Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Originally posted by Spaceman Spiff View Post
                Back to "winter" mode... Altimax Arctic STUDDED snows....

It's your fault if it snows.
                Tom
                Overdrive is overrated

Comment

Do they still make Blizzaks? Loved those in our old Michigan days. They worked ALMOST as well as studs (studs and chains remain the gold standard for snow and ice) but they really kicked butt. We had them on Nigel, ME's big Mercury station wagon, and she went everywhere in that old boat (what a great car).

Anyhow, I DO NOT miss snow and ice! Around here it's funny - 2 flakes per acre and they're putting salt brine on the roads. I try to stay off 'till it rains so I don't get salt brine on the undercarriages and most times we can. They actually close schools if there is a prediction of ANY snow! This (road brine and closed schools) happens probably once per year.

Dan

Comment

just a few mods.

58 Plymouth Sport Suburban. 526 cubic inches of angry wedge! Pushbutton shifted 9 passenger killer!!"

Comment

Winter beater back to wearing her summer shoes.

Comment

Comment

i had 3.73's installed. makes a huge difference, feels like a different car.
                          Big plans for the winter beater are coming before winter.
                          Extended length rear control arms, new poly body bushings, all new front suspension and steering components, including new 12.1 steering box, and a new steering shaft that eliminates the rag joint. x pipe, and magnaflow muffler, corvette hi torq starter, aftermarket upgraded battery cables, all new brake hoses, sphon sway bars, brake bolt mod, which lets the rear discs actually do more than 30% of the braking, going to weld a bar between the two rear frame horns to stiffen the chassis, the under carrige will get cleaned, and rustproofed.

Comment

I'd check the mounting points of the rear control arms.. For missed or not enough welds

Comment

Painted floors and frame, new exhaust going on. Yes the rear is Chrysler engine turquoise. Don’t ask.

Comment

Musta lost a bet ?? .

Looks good tho...
                                It will stop rust!
                                Last edited by Deaf Bob; October 16, 2017, 10:14 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X