We Need an East Coast Land Speed Racing Channel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We Need an East Coast Land Speed Racing Channel

We need a spot in all the noise. It's all so much fun, it deserves a spot.

I for one have pretty much maxed out at what a layman (not a career mechanic) can do on a not-unlimited budget at land speed. The mix there is perfect for entertainment. There's just about as many folks there who are deadly serious about it as there are some folks who just want to give it a try.

Maybe a YouTube channel, I could post up all of the Weeville Garage episodes, but there's a whole lot more to it than that, the folks who show up. I'd be willing to chase down participants and see what they're doing to get ready. Not the seriously expensive guys, just the mighty interested newcomers.

Does anybody think that would be fun to watch?

Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Anything with you would be fun to watch . Seriously you are great to hear talk . With your southern accent that isn't too strong to understand for real Yankees and just enough to remind me that I 'm not southern . And your sense of humor would also make it fun .
    Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

He will need subtitled text ...

Comment

Originally posted by Monster View Post
        He will need subtitled text ...
        That is called "Closed Caption" on the TV remote. Yankees who invade the South have to use that a lot if they want to watch the local news at the motel. Otherwise, they don''t know what's going on.

Comment

Pdub....I guess I'm just one of those yankee rednecks that have no trouble understanding you....you must be talkin' 'bout dem dere cityfolk.....
          Last edited by silver_bullet; June 13, 2018, 11:56 AM.
          Patrick & Tammy
          - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Originally posted by pdub View Post
            We need a spot in all the noise. It's all so much fun, it deserves a spot.

I for one have pretty much maxed out at what a layman (not a career mechanic) can do on a not-unlimited budget at land speed. The mix there is perfect for entertainment. There's just about as many folks there who are deadly serious about it as there are some folks who just want to give it a try.

Maybe a YouTube channel, I could post up all of the Weeville Garage episodes, but there's a whole lot more to it than that, the folks who show up. I'd be willing to chase down participants and see what they're doing to get ready. Not the seriously expensive guys, just the mighty interested newcomers.

Does anybody think that would be fun to watch?
            It would be a hoot! Hell yeah, I'd have to watch it repeatedly!
            Patrick & Tammy
            - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

I'm sitting here thinking about this. I'm no longer so sure anybody should "cover" fun being had. I think it's more important that we just all go out and do it ourselves. The spectators, we can only hope the idea comes to them after seeing "it," wow, I could do that too. That's what happened to me at Maxton. This is not impossible, we can actually do this. Doing it is better than talking about it.

Comment

Lol I agree, side bar. Pdub did you ever make it the dragstrip? Try it. It's almost as fun, cost less and you can do it more often.
                http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
                1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
                ​​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by Russell View Post
                  Lol I agree, side bar. Pdub did you ever make it the dragstrip? Try it. It's almost as fun, cost less and you can do it more often.
                  Naw Russell, I don't see drag racing in my future. If I "saw" it, I would sure do it. I would have already done it, repeatedly. But I don't "see" it.

Comment

Originally posted by pdub View Post

That is called "Closed Caption" on the TV remote. Yankees who invade the South have to use that a lot if they want to watch the local news at the motel. Otherwise, they don''t know what's going on.
                    You can pretty much figure out the meth busts, hurricanes, car chases, and other "hoed muh beer an' watch dis" stories with the sound off.

You want LSR on TV? Buy one of the Kardashians a top-end car . . BOOM, instant TV coverage . . . BTW anyone know if they've got speed rated tires for "dubs?" Are rhinestone-covered schradeer valve (valve stem) caps LSR legal?

Comment

Originally posted by Gateclyve Photographic View Post

BTW anyone know if they've got speed rated tires for "dubs?" Are rhinestone-covered schradeer valve (valve stem) caps LSR legal?
                      Those would be legal as long as the valve stem caps are metal. I think. From page 18 of the rule book: "Metal valve stem caps must be fitted to all valve stems. 150 MPH and above, metal valve stems are required."

In June I had Red ready. All the pieces and parts. The tires are within date. The metal valve stem caps. Open lug nuts. I had the socket set in the trunk to take the windshield wipers off, although that passage in the rule book uses the word, "should," instead of "must." So I was waiting to see. None of that mattered when the inspector got hung up on the whole danged car. "I can't let you go over 135 without a roll cage." Well, that got solved through deliberation and I'm going back in September. Red. Go Red GO!

Comment

Working...
                      X