ECTA New Racetrack Location

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ECTA New Racetrack Location

Anyone herd anything about new site ? Was bad news to hear about Ohio . Vince and I have been makin plans to make the spring or summer meet , Just wondering if there was anything was in the works .
    Last edited by Monster; October 25, 2016, 05:32 AM. Reason: Edited title

ECTA management are actively searching ... no new information has been released.

Comment

I recently sent Tonya a "maybe" and she replied that they appreciated the input but as Steve said, nothing is resolved. All I can say is that they're searching diligently and no doubt something will turn up.

Dan

Comment

Thanks Dan .

Comment

Last I heard (at the final Ohio Mile meet) was that a site in SC was of high interest. I'm pulling for that but as said before, nothing is resolved.

Dan

Comment

Just a reminder, if you think you have found place, DO NOT contact them on your own! Send it along and they'll make the first contact and impression...

Comment

I don't know if anyone has looked into Wurtsmith in Oscoda Mi. and/or the proper way to let someone know about it. And who to let know?
              First place SSBBNA 2014 and 2015
              Second place SSBBNA 2016
              Third place SSBBNA 2017
              Quickest ET in DD and Quickest Pontiac 2008, 2016 and 2017
              All 13 years of Drag Week in a Black 1969 Pontiac with Pontiac Power

Comment

I've heard that's in contention - they know about it.

Dan

Comment

Any hints yet?

Comment

Hi Joe!

From the ECTA website, the latest info that I know of:

"Happy New Year from all of us at the ECTA. The hunt for a track continues and we have a couple of solid leads we are working and will continue to work. "

The process continues.

Dan

Comment

Thanks Dan

Comment

Originally posted by greenjunk View Post
                        Just a reminder, if you think you have found place, DO NOT contact them on your own! Send it along and they'll make the first contact and impression...
                        Hope that isn't how little they think of the racers..

Comment

ECTA is a privately-owned association and as such they need to speak for themselves as it will be the association (meaning the owners) who are entering in to any contracts, etc. If someone makes contact with a venue on their own the venue owner may think he/she is dealing with the responsible party and any discussions between the individual and the venue people may be misconstrued as "official" communication. So all in all, it's best to let the ECTA folks know about any venue that you turn up and let them take it from there.

I assure you that the ECTA thinks very highly of their racers and they take the job (and it IS a job) of finding us a place to race very seriously.

Dan
                          Last edited by DanStokes; January 14, 2017, 07:28 AM.

Comment

Well Put Dan!
                            Joe Timney
                            President-www.delawarechassisworks.com
                            Retired President-www.ecta-lsr.com

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X