No announcement yet.

Pic of the Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cold today and I´ve been on my back replacing a split rubber coolant tube, so frikkin´short and in a stupid place.
    Had to remove the low mounted alternator with oil pump fixed to it, drippy drippy.
    Remove exhaust heat shield and drop exhaust pipe.
    No place for two cold hands.
    BUT I did it..........these replace...

Click image for larger version

Name:	Astra_Pipe_I.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	198.4 KB
ID:	1183239

Comment

• Lots of sunshine and a high of 82* !

Click image for larger version  Name:	Vette Daytriping.jpg Views:	1 Size:	148.2 KB ID:	1183420

Comment

• Comment

• This followed me home yesterday, behind borrowed truck/borrowed trailer. V10 gas Dodge trucks are dirt cheap, I bought it for the 4wd and interior parts.

Name:	DSC07475.JPG
Views:	71
Size:	62.7 KB
ID:	1184092

The motor/auto trans were said to have been freshened up before a front-end collision, I wonder if my '49 Stude half-ton should get a ten-cylinder? 800 lbs. but it would fit.

Comment

• Poor chicken, it never had a chance. It never raced on curves or straightaways. It never even had the opportunity to watch a show on a color television.

What the hell, let's eat it.

Name:	P1010051.JPG
Size:	289.2 KB
ID:	1184103

Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

• Originally posted by Loren View Post
              This followed me home yesterday, behind borrowed truck/borrowed trailer. V10 gas Dodge trucks are dirt cheap, I bought it for the 4wd and interior parts.

Name:	DSC07475.JPG
Size:	62.7 KB
ID:	1184092

The motor/auto trans were said to have been freshened up before a front-end collision, I wonder if my '49 Stude half-ton should get a ten-cylinder? 800 lbs. but it would fit.
              Do it! Prepare for "it sounds funny" but it's hard to argue with 488 cubic inches.
              Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

• merry xmas.
                gmc worked wonders in the past 2 weeks.
                1050 miles in 24hrs
                down to 1F into an ice storm, then a xmas blitz of more than a foot.

Name:	DSC00545w.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	616.9 KB
ID:	1184182

back down to 7F..warming up the new pete.
                doing some peterbilt and house babysitting
                Previously boxer3main
                the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

• Originally posted by Beagle View Post
                  Do it! Prepare for "it sounds funny" but it's hard to argue with 488 cubic inches.
                  Hmm. We hear horrible things about fuel mileage on those but that's pulling a 6,000 lb. truck. Look at the torque curve:

Name:	dodgeV10hp-tq.JPG
Views:	68
Size:	23.7 KB
ID:	1184230
                  You could literally cruise down the freeway at 1,500 rpm and have the motor be into it's happy zone. That being a practical possibility, w/ 25" tires, 2.73s and a .69 overdrive you would be turning 1520 rpm at 60mph (exclude converter slippage if a factor). The C.I.D. per tire revolution would be same as a 337" motor that didn't have the overdrive, which would be turning 2,200 at the same speed and be pretty livable efficiency-wise. If that seems like a pretty doggy gearset, imagine the truck weighing 3500 lbs. and look at the 400 ft./lbs. torque at under 1K rpm, I think the motor would pull it, and of-course an old Stude 2R is going to push a lot less wind at speed than a newer Ram 3/4-ton.

Food for thought anyhow.

Comment

• Does an X pipe help power and change sound on a V-10?
                    I'm sure a better exhaust will help..

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	size-matters.jpg
Size:	37.7 KB
ID:	1184305

Comment

• Originally posted by Loren View Post

Hmm. We hear horrible things about fuel mileage on those but that's pulling a 6,000 lb. truck. Look at the torque curve:

Name:	dodgeV10hp-tq.JPG
Size:	23.7 KB
ID:	1184230
                        You could literally cruise down the freeway at 1,500 rpm and have the motor be into it's happy zone. That being a practical possibility, w/ 25" tires, 2.73s and a .69 overdrive you would be turning 1520 rpm at 60mph (exclude converter slippage if a factor). The C.I.D. per tire revolution would be same as a 337" motor that didn't have the overdrive, which would be turning 2,200 at the same speed and be pretty livable efficiency-wise. If that seems like a pretty doggy gearset, imagine the truck weighing 3500 lbs. and look at the 400 ft./lbs. torque at under 1K rpm, I think the motor would pull it, and of-course an old Stude 2R is going to push a lot less wind at speed than a newer Ram 3/4-ton.

Food for thought anyhow.
                        How did we get from 488 inch v10 to fuel economy? I literally laughed out loud when I read that. You always hear horrible things about fuel economy from people who treat the throttle like a light switch, like they tend to do when it's somebody else's gas card and truck... I'll take the bait though.

I consider horrible in a truck to be anything below 15 hwy. and I'd be shocked if it couldn't get there. That's way more than enough hp and torque at 1500 to drag 3500 pounds around, probably would need a transmission tuner just to keep it from downshifting? Much past 60 and aero starts playing a pretty big part is my guess. I'd buy into a pool at 18 average on 70/30 hwy city once you rub the new off the gas pedal. Maybe on the second set of rear tires. haha.
                        Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

• This would need to work for road trips and 18/hwy would be about my minimum, if it couldn't do that while making some power I wouldn't bother with all the newish tech. We shall see, the consideration now is just whether to keep the motor or not.

Gratuitous Photos, because this is the picture thread: Where is the quality of free help these days?

Name:	DSC07472.JPG
Size:	78.8 KB
ID:	1184360

Meet my new buddy Cliff:

Name:	DSC07463.JPG
Views:	66
Size:	84.9 KB
ID:	1184361
                          ​​​​​​​

Comment

• went to the top of the prudential building.. floor 50.

I had seen the whole city froma boom pod window of a kc135.. but this is a special place.

my aunt, she is 70 now. she showed us her entire street was gone today.

she pointed out the places where some relatives lived.

my dad lived under the citgo sign (not kidding) outside the green monster for a time.
                            his upbringing had money as no object.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1594.jpg Views:	1 Size:	780.5 KB ID:	1184728

me?
                            I was looking at foot prints on rooftops, common walking paths and wondering how in the ####ing hell an enemy could get past a clan of heads like mine.
                            I could not walk though the mall without spotting security in non-uniform.

you, the one that needed a light.

I seemed rather tall as usual, in the crowded walkways... never have figured why my five foot 9 sees the top of most heads.
                            glad to visit there.. my family history is ancient.
                            Last edited by Barry Donovan; December 30, 2017, 08:51 PM.
                            Previously boxer3main
                            the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

• 68 original owner C20, this thing is sweet! Looked to be an older repaint with stock interior?

Name:	003.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	725.3 KB
ID:	1185033

Comment

• My dumpy old 69 for comparison, it has 71 grill and bumper.

Name:	005.jpg
Size:	1.02 MB
ID:	1185084

Comment

Working...
                                X