so what car do you want today ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• one of them treehugger chevettes.

Part of my 1 barrel rochester came from a 1976.
    Craziest tiniest air fuel ever.

this one sounds extra economical.
    Previously boxer3main
    the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

• luckys "old chevelle"

I have never seen a donovan small block.
      Only read brochures.
      Previously boxer3main

Comment

•  
        Just groovin' to my own tune.

Comment

• I must have worked my way into a builders traits.

I seemed to be ripping this one to shreds.

1. tail lights are not SS (could be camera.. just a little thing. they seem to be dark enough)
          2. belt too big
          3. cheap grommet ground ont he firewall
          4. wrong engine
          5. hood is misaligned at the front, while sides of hood are gapped nice
          6. rust under hood
          7. clutch fan?

I'd drive the hell out of it anyway.
          Last edited by Barry Donovan; July 28, 2017, 07:11 PM.
          Previously boxer3main

Comment

• Got two I want floating around on craigslist and have been for a bit. Not as different as you might think though.
            1986 Toyota Cressida Wagon $1800
            I've told the story on this one before and it keeps dropping in price. I should note that I've never really driven a Cressida of this generation much less a wagon. I just really like the concept and it does seem practical and durable...

1965 Buick Skylark 4dr: $3000

Weirdly I do want a 4dr 64-65 Skylark/Special and have for a while (I'd also take a flatroof Special wagon like SBG's as well). This one is similarly all about a practical family cruiser that I know I can fancy up the workings of. I do find it interesting that this one is a V6 car already which sorta makes it easier to convert to the L36 and 4L60E (or if I get really crazy on the cheezewiz, a 5L50E for an extra gear). The lack of AC is a certain level of bummer but not too bad with the climate most of the year here.
            Central TEXAS Sleeper
            USAF Physicist

ROA# 9790

Comment

• faster than an 87 subaru.

I'll take one.

Previously boxer3main

Comment

• I just found out about a secret BMW V16 test mule. That is not a typo.
                Last edited by Matt Cramer; August 22, 2017, 05:18 AM.

Comment

• Dad had a black 54 chevy deluxe when he married my mom . And we are getting close to the time of year he passed away , (9-11-95 ) I'm picking a 54 chevy . I'm more of a low to the ground corner carver but , I'm in a gasser mood . ( rare )
                  Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

• I'm gonna turn my subaru into this..

oh wait, I gotta gmc.
                    Previously boxer3main

Comment

• airplane motor.

I was just cruising in my subaru.
                      you know.. 3k rpm is about the end of its usefulness.
                      not a real motor as we know them.

accepting this, it is easier as years go by.
                      might even see it again some day.
                      Previously boxer3main

Comment

• Wow, amazing collection.

Comment

• The announcement that Goodguys is now allowing cars as late as 1987 somehow makes me want to bring one of these - or a clone built around a SRT4 motor - to their autocross events.

I'm not quite sure why I want to do this as while I think it's a good decision for them, whipping up on the other entrants with an Omni might make them regret it.

Comment

• this really struck a note with me. I just simply loved it.

I would love to see the timing curve on the msd, very clever setup.
                            I bet it proves that the hillborn does the same as todays big throttle..

I love the sound.
                            when gears are quiet, it is making noise elsewhere... in a way that wins what we don't want to lose.

Last edited by Barry Donovan; October 1, 2017, 10:39 PM.
                            Previously boxer3main

Comment

• Dirt late model cars aren't pretty - but they sure look fun.

Comment

• Just last month, a Bugatti Chiron went from zero to 249 mph and back to zero in an incredible 41.96 seconds. On Sunday, a Koenigsegg Agera RS broke that record, performing the same feat in 36.44 seconds.

It's fast but a little out of my budget.

Comment

Working...
                                X