so what car do you want today ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feeling impractical...

HAS to be British Racing Green. HAS to be an XKR. HAS to be a COUPE. Prefer 03-06 since they had the 400bhp 4.2L vs the 370bhp 4.0L blower motors.
    Central TEXAS Sleeper
    USAF Physicist

ROA# 9790

Comment

• nice and square.
      I can still hear the hood shutting with that springy sheet metal echo and squeaking springs...bouncing the front mounts by the radiator gaining a latch.
      the doors were not much different.

I just replaced cab mounts in the ever squashy 1996 gmc for polyurethane. I do not know as a cadillac is quieter, stuff come a long way.
      I cannot wait for nitrile anything to be gone forever. Seals mounts, rubber plugs..wherever they crammed the decaying doctors gloves.

the first thing I thought of ;looking at this four door custom. Love the thought of it otherwise.
      Previously boxer3main
      the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

• to hell with hot rodding.

I am going trucks and f35.

nothing less.

and the truck better have a 3208 cat.
        Last edited by Barry Donovan; May 7, 2015, 03:55 PM.
        Previously boxer3main

Comment

• My latest brain fart

07 F-150 with 232,000 milesClick image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20150505_1614555171.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	966.9 KB
ID:	1029548

Comment

• Wow.... Kelly Blue Book says I got screwed. Fair condition the trucks worth $2,500 Retail, I paid $3,500. and already replaced half the front end.

Comment

• I dunno, $2500 seems a bit low for any late model truck in running condition unless it's got a ton of miles.

Here's my latest want:

Comment

• This with an aluminum, sleeved, BBC, with Calliope injector stacks...
                Patrick & Tammy
                - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• A 1973 imperial. 4 door brown with white interior. Only time I see them is when there about to be smashed at a derby. They always say IMPIN ain't EASY

Comment

• I like both these guys description of a porsche laying it out.

matt said it exactly: feels like less drivetrain loss.

once the v8 goes benz crank, that flat 6 won't be so mythological.
                    Previously boxer3main

Comment

• The icon derelicts

patina is like wisdom.
                      New england has none.

A 1996 truck i bought with 345k genuine miles..
                      there is some interesting things. the rocker area passenger side has a long unique bend, related to manual tranny hole, and the sheer pressure of direct torque.
                      that is 2 layers deep, panels swapped, cab corners are 3 layers.
                      Kinda sucks, we never see what gets old..
                      when it has to run like the devil and die young.
                      Previously boxer3main

Comment

• another day, another 15million dollars.

Click image for larger version

Name:	rpjsr92sxwveyrczx7iv.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	65.0 KB
ID:	1031541

here is another one for "the dawn" (pun) ride. The ferrari is afternoons.

Originally posted by jalopnik
                        Rolls-Royce is ripping the roof off its Wraith to create a new convertible version. It hasn’t released photos, instead sending along shots of the 1952 Silver Dawn, to announce the name. Expect the new Dawn to land early next year with the same 624-HP, twin-turbocharged 6.6-liter V12.
                        All my cars have a name. This one will be the only one with a last name.
                        Dawn Ovan.
                        I'll park it next to don aventador and donna veneno.

Last edited by Barry Donovan; May 14, 2015, 05:00 PM.
                        Previously boxer3main

Comment

• lincoln MKVIII

DOHC 4.6 300hp 300ft-lbs

Click image for larger version

Name:	1409160_600.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	34.7 KB
ID:	1032043

Originally posted by Remy-Z;n1167534
                          Congratulations, man. You've just inherited the "Patron Saint of Automotive Lost Causes" from me. No question.

75Grand AM 455:Pissed off GrandMA, 68 Volkswagen Type1 "beetle":it will run some year

Comment

• thinking of a world war has many allies.
                            A lot of paces sat dormant after 1945.

this was interesting, from australia:

Most aging things, they only got bigger, evolving, as time went along.
                            I chuckle to think of a good chunk of the air forces...
                            The only one to downsize things for shaking entire states and coastlines with gadgetry and power. Exceeding human life just to use it.

My dads new rig has that dpf fluid, urea. injects to clean things up, add power. I laughed thinking of those old A model kc135. They were onto something...but not quite correctable.
                            Even jet fuel is something to smoke a cigarette around today...but oh. smokes are bad too.

Previously boxer3main

Comment

• I spotted a slammed ac schnitzer bmw m3 coupe. My subaru looks like a sasquatch sitting next to it.
                              The subaru is extremely bimmer.. I am going to ask the owner if I can get the two of them in a photo.
                              It was not my imagination all this time. That 80s subaru looks like the older bimmers. There is the two of them ..wheels pushing every inkling of any boundary around them.

anyway, watching this vid to learn the models. I guess none were good until the mid 90s...a lot like subaru history.
                              I don't like bimmer until the v8..but this soundtrack is priceless. It ended up the number one comment below the video..no one cares about the bimmer.
                              for the music!
                              the bimmer sucks.
                              Last edited by Barry Donovan; May 30, 2015, 05:30 PM.
                              Previously boxer3main

Comment

• imagine grabbing at bugattis from a ww2 junk yard... worth nothing.

not exactly a barn find mustang is it.
                                some thought these cars would be the worlds most expensive..that went to ferrari.. the young pups in comparison.

I am going to browse for some 3 main boxers...
                                because they are worth nothing.
                                Previously boxer3main

Comment

Working...
                                X