No announcement yet.

Impact wrench, what do you like?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I bought my mac over 20 years ago, it still works. I try not to work on stuff it won't handle.
    My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Anybody ever still use IMPACT DRIVERS?

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	2012-12-21_13-39-02_486.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	26.2 KB
ID:	865782I.have a.Matco.1/2.drive.impact, 700+ pound feet, 1,000+ pound feet break away, i got it brand.new, was used as a demo, normally retails.for.around $500 but I got it for $250. I use the hell out of it and have had it fpr almost 2 years
        Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

I've got a fairly old Craftsman and works well for me.
          Mainly lug nutz.

The Marvel Mystery Oil is your friend.
          Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

CP 7 something. Got it in 1978 and was with me 20 years with JohnDeere. It has been kitted out three times and gone through two ends. Still works better than I do. Have no idea how much I paid, but am sure they don't make em that good any more.
            Drag Week 2012 (wet paint and no transmission but finished) Drag Week 2013 Daily Driver finished in middle of pack (again) Drag Week 2014 #56 of 126 Daily Drivers. (getting closer to the 32)

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
              Anybody ever still use IMPACT DRIVERS?
              Yup...works like nothing else on seized screws in aluminum or when air isn't available...
              Patrick & Tammy
              - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

THE ONLY way to take a Honda MC apart. Those darn 6mm (I think they were) Phillips head screws aren't coming out any other way. Do they still use those?

Dan

Comment

My 19 year old Snap On finally died, got some water in it a while back and it stuck. I wasnt using it at the time, so I blame it on the FIL's hired goons. Not sure what the number is on it, but man that thing would pull stuff apart that IRs wouldnt budge. Dont ever put anything together with one of those things.

Been looking for another while the red one soaks in ATF, hopefully it will loosen and start working again.

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
                    THE ONLY way to take a Honda MC apart. Those darn 6mm (I think they were) Phillips head screws aren't coming out any other way. Do they still use those?

Dan
                    mostly hex head stuff now on the junk I own...
                    Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

I've had good luck with Ingersol Rand impacts, 3/8, 1/2 and really like their air nibbler and die grinder / cut off tool.

I've never had good luck with imported / cheap impacts - for a cheap disposable air grinder / cut off .... they're fine.
                      There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Working...
                      X