No announcement yet.

Air Lines (no, NOT Airlines)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Dan, can I ask how tall your ceiling is above the lift. My current metal canopy isn't high enough to take my 4 post lift all the way up loaded so I work under the car using a roller stool. I'm just curious as to how high it would have to be. Thanks

edit: oh and nice looking setup - I also use the ball valve out the bottom of the compressor and works for me. I still just use two hoses but I like the idea of ball valves on the bottom of all the hardline drops.
    Last edited by Dignlif; December 20, 2012, 10:51 PM.
    Rich

Drag Week Survivor 2009, 2011, 2012, 2013 - 2nd Place - Pro Street N/A, 2017

Comment

My shop is 12' at the eves and rises to 17 1/2 feet at the peak. That doesn't include the thickness of the truss but the height rises rapidly so there's at least 12 feet of clear space under the lowest side over the hoist. My old shop in Ann Arbor was just under 10 at the eves and used scissor trusses to give about 12 1/2' at the center (it was conventional wood frame). The A2 shop was minimal but I could raise a pickup truck to full height IF I got the cab centered properly. But I'm pretty short so I don't need it too high.

The shop here is plenty high enough to raise anything I've ever had in there.

Dan

Comment

Working...
      X