Races you must attend???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Races you must attend???

Newbie here trying to find out the best races to attend. Big fan of the pro mod, pro street, top sportsman categories. Definitely will be hitting up the pro street nationals that were just n Las Vegas, but what other big deals you guys recommend??? I'm assuming any race that bangshift is covering live is a winner.... Any other suggestions???

No Mercy and Lights Out at South Georgia Motorsports Park are a couple of the best radial races there are. The track is great and there are a lot of cars.

Holly Springs, MS now has two radial races a year as well. HS has been called a unicorn ranch because of the times they turn there- the track is awesome.

Those are the ones I try to make- some of the best small tire full body car races around.
    Why think when you can be doing something fruitful?

Comment

hamb drags joplin mo. dragweek where ever they decide to have it

Comment

The NMCA/NMRA Super Bowl of Street Legal Drag Racing at Rt. 66 in Joliet, Illinois. 500+ racecars and lots of side by side action.
        It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

On the east side....

YellowBullet Nats - Cecil County Dragway in Maryland
          Shakedown at the Summit - Norwalk, Ohio
          Any ADRL event.
          Time Wasters...
          http://public.fotki.com/JoeGrippo/
          http://www.flickr.com/photos/joe_grippo/sets/
          http://www.youtube.com/user/JoeGrippo?feature=mhum

Comment

For me it's Land Speed. I'm at every ECTA meet (Wilmington, OH) and I volunteer at Bonneville for Speed Week. I don't like drama and LSR is pretty devoid of it.

Dan

Comment

Anything I can enter because I have a car to race in the event. Want to do some LSR like Wilmington, would love to do Drag Week, and an open road race like the Sandhills Challenge would be awesome. The holy grail for me is Speed Week, but it probably wont ever include me as a participant.

I dont go to watch, if I am not racing I am not going.

Comment

Bristol Night Race
                2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
                First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
                2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
                2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

Me too Jeff.I also like attending The Knoxville Sprint Car Nationals.

Comment

One of the best races on the east coast is the Import Vs Domestic Race at MIR. IT is a blast as a racer or spectator there.

Comment

So what you all are telling me is I need to get off the west coast???????

Good information, I appreciate it. Speedweek is definitely on the list this year. When do they announce when and where it is?

Comment

I assume by Speedweek (Remember that Daytona has a Speedweek) is on the Bonneville Salt Flats just barely outside of Wendover Nevada. Its just inside the Utah border. In 2013 its from August 10th-16th.

Here is where you kind find everything you could want to know:

SCTA - Home of the Land Speed Racing speed trials.
                        I'm still learning

Comment

Marky - If you want to attend Speed Week book rooms NOW! They're pricey and unavailable later in the year (like say, February).

Dan

Comment

OOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHH my mistake, I meant the Hotrod week. Speedweek sounds like an awesome idea as well. That is actually in driving distance. . . .

Comment

The Strip at LVMS, vegas, hosts all kinds of racing from PSCA to Mopar Nats to a traditional rod show and race. Check out their event schedule.
                              BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X