No announcement yet.

Wrecker for a tractor? Hmmmmmm....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's the old Worthington....little bulldog that it was!

That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

what I heard "It's sooo much easier for me to justify a tractor to my friends.... please god, get that huge ugly truck out of the yard. You are too weird for words some times. That's why I give you "that look"... you need help."

we get it. We probably get the same look. If she looked at the wrecker and started drooling a little, we'd seek help for Kerri.

I know you love the truck, but I still have to vote tractor.
      Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Wrecker! Much more useful. Put a snow blade on it if necessary.

Dan

Comment

Where are you going to store this stuff?

Do you have to move before you can build a garage?

What are the codes in regard to those "car tents" leaving projects sitting outside sucks - and having the weather dictate when you can work on stuff sucks more.

I thought Buford was going to be the long haul cruiser - but now it's getting a BBC.

If you sell the wrecker - what are you going to tow a tractor around with? I suppose air bags and a hitch and Buford could handle a smallish tractor / trailer.

What class would the wrecker fit into at the pulls???
          There's always something new to learn.

Comment

I'm with Dan, Wrecker all the way.......At least with the wrecker you have a roof over your head if it rains...........

All I know is I'm glad my wife doesn't make me choose between cars, all she ever says is finish the cars you have now before you buy another, but it's never you have to sell one to get another........

Comment

Keep the wrecker and do exhibition pulls with it.
              Life is short. Be a do'er and not a shoulda done'er.
              1969 Galaxie 500 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...ild-it-s-alive
              1998 Mustang GT https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...60-and-a-turbo
              1983 Mustang GT 545/552/302/Turbo302/552 http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...485-bbr-s-83gt
              1973 F-250 BBF Turbo Truck http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...uck-conversion
              1986 Ford Ranger EFI 545/C6 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...tooth-and-nail

Comment

No one is making me choose anything, but I am not going to make my house look like a wrecking yard either.

If I trade the wrecker on a tractor I can tow the tractor with my pop's truck and trailer or my dad in law's combo. I don't want to ditch Brutus, but having an old farm tractor to use for pulls during the summer (and there are a shocking number of them within a 100 mile radius of my house) would be neato and if I can score one that comes with a plow blade of removable bucket loader on it, I could be Mr. Plow again in my neighborhood over the winter.

Just thinking out loud. I thought it was cool she brought it up!

Comment

I personally, would rather have a tractor anyday. So much back-breaking work can be done with even a small tractor!
                  That awkward moment when you realize it IS your circus and those ARE your monkeys!

Comment

She thinks your tractors sexy.

I bet you would get more fun out of an old JD/Oliver/Ford/IH/Farmall than you ever will with the wrecker...the wrecker is cool but man, the fun potential with the family at he pulls, plus the boys could pull in a few years...memories...dude, I'd be on that like stink on shit.
                    If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

I think that is one of the reasons she was into it, because there were a bunch of youg kids pulling. Like this guy...
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by Brian Lohnes; May 8, 2012, 08:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes View Post
                        No one is making me choose anything, but I am not going to make my house look like a "wrecking yard" either.
                        Is that Pun intended??

I say keep the Wrecker and buy her the Tractor........ This is what I did with the '71 GMC, it is "her truck"........

And I ask what would be the bigger conversation piece, the Wrecker or a tractor.......Unless the tractor you want to get is something special, like the wrecker is I'd stick with the wrecker......

Comment

You think your old Worthington would be towing your broken Caprice home today?

Turn Brutus into a pulling truck. HA!!!
                          Last edited by Scott Liggett; May 8, 2012, 10:27 AM.
                          BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

I learned to drive on an old Allis. Mom's got pics of me at age 6 driving it with a big ass hay trailer behind it...

Comment

Why not the best of both worlds? Keep the wrecker and get THIS tractor. From an email I got from a guy in Ontario.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DarcysHotRod.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	91.8 KB
ID:	861871
                              Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Braub, you like tractors. That's Okay with me. More importantly, it seems your old lady is Okay with it too. Go ahead, start looking and get yourself a tractor. If you think about it, certainly you can see that you deserve a nice tractor, and like you said, pullin' with it could be an exciting family activity.
                                -dulcich

Comment

Working...
                                X