Beantown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beantown

I need to be in Boston next Wednesday night (May 16). Any car stuff or cruises to check out early in the week?
    I'm checking out Chickenfoot (Sammy Hagar, Joe Satriani...) but my schedule is very loose.

Any tips? Barring car stuff, any locals know of some entertainment listing I can check out?

Just a little roadtrip in the Mustang
    1997 Ranger 5.0L HO, GT40 heads/tubular intake, 65mm TB, 1.7rr, B303, Tri-Y headers, dual 2.5" exhaust, Flowmaster mufflers, T5 trans, Tri-Ax shifter, CenterForce Dual Friction clutch, 8.8 Traction Lok 3.55 gears, Cobra 13" front brakes, Cobra 11.65" rear discs.
    1997 Mustang GT
    sigpic

There is a Bass Pro Shops cruise-in in Foxboro, Mass (where the Patriots play) on Thursday night the 17th. I am planning on going (first one for me this year.) They usually get a HUGE turnout. Traffic can be hard on the way down (go early.) I've met our fearless leader there a few times, not sure if he is planning on going then.
    1967 Chevelle 300 2 Door Post. No factory options. 250 ci inline six with lump-ported head, big valves, Offy intake and 500cfm Edelbrock carb.

Comment

museums, aquarium
      or just browse the remains of little cobblestone streets.
      Previously boxer3main
      the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

you can prolly catch a redsox game and watch them loose another one
        Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

Originally posted by 67pete300 View Post
          There is a Bass Pro Shops cruise-in in Foxboro, Mass (where the Patriots play) on Thursday night the 17th. I am planning on going (first one for me this year.) They usually get a HUGE turnout. Traffic can be hard on the way down (go early.) I've met our fearless leader there a few times, not sure if he is planning on going then.
          When he says HUGE, he's talking between 1,000 and 2,000 cars.

If I remember when I get home later, I will post up a link or two with a lot of local car related info. I'll try to post up some links to the local music scene also

Are you actually staying right in boston?
          1999 Power Tour - 3 Stops
          2006 Power Tour Long Hauler
          2008-2012 Northeast Rod Run

Comment

Oldride offering classic car classifieds, classic truck classifieds, old car classifieds, classic car part, classic truck part, classic car sales, buy classic car, old classic car.

Wed nights aren't usually big, but there's a couple.

x10 on the Foxboro Bass Pro shops cruise night. It's BIG.
            Yes, I'm a CarJunkie... How many times would YOU rebuild the same engine before getting a crate motor?

Comment

big roddy scene in boston

Comment

Old ride is always a good site and here's a couple more

and here's a couple I use to see what's playing for bands in the area

Boston's best and largest community of bands, musicians, venues and local music fans. Online or onstage, BostonBands.com has the wicked local music you love.

Comment

Thanks guys!!
                  1997 Ranger 5.0L HO, GT40 heads/tubular intake, 65mm TB, 1.7rr, B303, Tri-Y headers, dual 2.5" exhaust, Flowmaster mufflers, T5 trans, Tri-Ax shifter, CenterForce Dual Friction clutch, 8.8 Traction Lok 3.55 gears, Cobra 13" front brakes, Cobra 11.65" rear discs.
                  1997 Mustang GT
                  sigpic

Comment

I'm planning on heading to Bass Pro tomorrow night. Anyone else?
                    1967 Chevelle 300 2 Door Post. No factory options. 250 ci inline six with lump-ported head, big valves, Offy intake and 500cfm Edelbrock carb.

Comment

Will be there with the boys and my father in law, Pete. I do. I do not think Brutus is making the trip so we will probably be rolling in the GTX.
                      That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

See you there. I probably won't get there till after 5pm and I'll try to park in the section that is not in front of Bass Pro.

Comment

I almost thought I was going to make it there tonight, for the first time, but two MRI appointments are saying otherwise

Comment

Pete, I think they closed the section directly in front of the store. Should
                            Be a good one tonight!
                            That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Great show tonight! Fun seeing you and the family again. Hopefully will be back in two weeks.

Comment

Working...
                              X