Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Better Idea For Pace Car laughs

good going sparky

After being unveiled in a public ceremony at the Virginia State Capitol, the 2012 Focus Electric pace cars are ready for their historic race weekend when they become the first all-electric vehicles to pace a NASCAR Sprint Cup event. The two Focus Electric vehicles will perform all pace car duties for the Capital City 400 presented by Virginia is for Lovers Saturday night at Richmond International Raceway. The two cars were unveiled by Eric Kuehn, chief nameplate engineer, Ford Global Electrified Programs; Mike Lynch, NASCAR's managing director of Green Innovation; and Virginia Lt. Gov. Bill Bolling. Production of the Focus Electric began in December at Ford's Michigan Assembly Plant in Wayne, Mich.(Ford), see image of the pace car on my 2012 Pace Car page.

All ive got to say is that it is going to be really awkward if it breaks down during the race tonight.

Comment

green nascar ..hoo ha

Comment

I can see Brian France screaming, "Where are the backup battery packs?!"
        That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

They need two cause one charge just wont do it.
          Dustin in Pennsylvania

Comment

You notice they have two. One on the track and one on the charger.
            BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Slightly off topic, but that was a BS caution for the 'debris' at the end. I dont even like Tony, but id be sooo pissed if i were him right now.

Comment

That was the TV caution to inhance the tv ratings at the end! Big Bill would shot his grandson if he knew how he has distroyed racing!
                Long Haul Gang 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17,19
                The older I get The Faster I was!

Comment

Just when you thought nascar couldn't get any more lame. I remember some years ago when they had a Z06 'Vette pace one of the races and my friend said it could probably turn a faster lap then the pole sitter.
                  Just groovin' to my own tune.

Comment

shrubby got handed the win ..toyo two in a rowo

Comment

oh never mind.
                      Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                      HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Working...
                      X