My cheap flip just got pricey. Bummer.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scott Liggett View Post
    All the 65-70 Impalas had a pan hard bar. The trailing arms were parallel and the pan hard was necessary to locate the rear diff. Cars with heavy duty suspension option got the fourth trailing arm, upper left one.

The SS cars had a different VIN number. The first five numbers tell the difference. On 65-71's the SS coupe started with 16637. The 2 door coupe's were 16437.

flipping cars in this economic climate is really tough.
    Had to recheck VIN, thought I was losing it. Its the 2dr. Coupe.

I wasn't necessarily trying to make money, but don't want to lose it. My car budget is my. V.A. check. In this instance, I will do what is neccesary, including keep working on it or just keep it til I get to how much I have invested.

I did buy a radiator. It is same width, but out of a BB Caprice (1970.) I paid $40. It may fit or I can use it for trading.
    Last edited by patrickth; April 26, 2012, 07:59 AM.
    Why dance when you can rock and roll?

Comment

Originally posted by yellomalibu View Post
      Ok. I gotcha.

I understand where you're coming from now. There are plenty of things I wanted to do to my 84 C10 I picked up last year.
      I figured it was a good buy for a grand, since it ran, has a v8, has no rust, the AC works, and it came with a good bit of new stuff... but not knowing if I was going to keep it or flip it, I was extremely careful about money I spent on it; these trucks aren't pulling big numbers unless they are show quality short- beds (and this is neither show quality, nor a short bed).

Now that I've decided to keep it, I'm going to go ahead and spend some money on it (Maaco, here I come!), mainly so it looks more presentable. I may or may not get that money back out of it, if and when I decide to sell it, but that's okay.
      My skills, and what I was betting on are based around paint and body work. The body on this car is pretty solid, just one rust hole in rear quarter, not counting floor and trunk pan holes. None of which are all that intimidating.

Comment

Originally posted by tardis454 View Post
        I wouldn't sweat the radiator, they're still out there new & used.

Rock Auto has them(pricey)
        RockAuto ships auto parts and body parts from over 300 manufacturers to customers' doors worldwide, all at warehouse prices. Easy to use parts catalog.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]10649[/ATTACH]

This guy on ebay has one too, you could prolly get it for $80-$90 shipped.

The car looks decent & I think it would be worth more as a runner then a roller.
        Then Hot Rod could do a story about how they traveled to patrickth's house to rescue an Impala.
        It apparently sat in a blackberry patch since 1996. You would not believe where all I found vines. One had entered frame rail in rear and came out at heater core area. I screwed up and didn't take pics.

Comment

Originally posted by patrickth View Post
          It apparently sat in a blackberry patch since 1996. You would not believe where all I found vines. One had entered frame rail in rear and came out at heater core area. I screwed up and didn't take pics.
          Funny thing... I believe that!
          Had one enter my house between the rafters roof and ceiling and go 24 feet and pop out in my garage!

Comment

Working...
          X