No announcement yet.

Ok, I give. This one is too far gone.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree that it seems insane, but damn I hope someone has the balls to do it.

The Bugatti from the bottom of the lake is awesome just on the story itself (the customs guys pushed it into the lake because the paperwork was wrong or whatever when it was being imported).
    That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Originally posted by Thumpin455 View Post
      Sure a decent one is worth something, and yes I have lots of hours in a rusty old Pontiac that would never be worth my time if I had to be paid for it. The difference is I am not building the GTO to make money, I am doing it for very different reasons so time spent on it has no real value, its more important to get it done so it can be driven again.

To spend $90k just to buy a car like that, and then try to find all the parts for it would be an exercise in futility. They werent mass produced like GTOs and Chevelles were, there arent millions of them like there are Mustangs. Sure it could be worth a quarter mil, but it sure as hell isnt like that. Its like building a BOSS 429 from a cowl section and an A pillar.
      I apologize if what I said to you came across as critical of your amazing work on the GTO.

To me that car (the DB4) would be like a puzzle that needs put back together.... a very rare puzzle.
      Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; April 15, 2012, 08:52 PM.
      Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

I like some of the comments:

"Nice stance. Keep this baby unrestored and just enjoy driving her."

Comment

Working...
        X