No announcement yet.

How to Wreck a New Camaro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I bet it has stock brakes on it too. Amazing.
    That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes View Post
      I bet it has stock brakes on it too. Amazing.
      Thats why they were only doing 3 mph. The one with the hub caps that stayed still almost made me feel quiezy...
      Originally posted by TC
      also boost will make the cam act smaller

Comment

Originally posted by bulletproof View Post
        i threw up in my mouth alittle..i cant wait for this fad to end...
        X2

Comment

it's better to have guys out there modding cars than it is to lock all the cars up so some Pro Lawn Chair guy can trailer it to a carshow 20 years from now.
          www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

This is America -and I will be forever thankful that no money of mine went into such an endeavor - but to each thier own.

I will never get it.

Most of us could build a pretty nice old car for what one set of those huge by large wheels and tires cost.
            There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Originally posted by milner351 View Post
              This is America -and I will be forever thankful that no money of mine went into such an endeavor - but to each thier own.

I will never get it.

Most of us could build a pretty nice old car for what one set of those huge by large wheels and tires cost.
              Amen John. One of the consultants at this week's week-long meeting restores cars. He brought photos on his laptop. He's got a red 67 Mustang convertible. You could eat dinner off of the underside of it.

Cherry. One of the guys on the team made him say how much he had in it. Nearly $40K. He had somebody do the final fitting on the body panels and paint. He did all the rest himself.

Oh, and the white 57 T-bird with the removable hardtop. He's got that one, too.

The same guy that made him say what the Mustang cost noted, "You can't hide money."

Jeez.
              Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

I think that the consensus here, is that we all can appreciate the effort that someone would have to make, in order to pull something like that off. I guess to some people, it's kind of artistic and like most art, it's function is to elicit a response, so in that case it worked very well!

Here's my responses;

I guess that both of those vehicles (if you could call them that) were featured at top speed.

See, I told you my Camaro could turn tighter than a bus!

And my favorite, Where's my spare tire?
                sigpic"Take most people, they're crazy about cars† I'd rather have a goddam horse. A horse is at least human, for God's sake."

Jerome David Salinger

Comment

Originally posted by OHC230 View Post
                  I think that the consensus here, is that we all can appreciate the effort that someone would have to make, in order to pull something like that off. I guess to some people, it's kind of artistic and like most art, it's function is to elicit a response, so in that case it worked very well!

Here's my responses;

I guess that both of those vehicles (if you could call them that) were featured at top speed.

See, I told you my Camaro could turn tighter than a bus!

And my favorite, Where's my spare tire?
                  Yep, and think about the economics. Somewhere out there, there are a few people who are a "company" and one night over beer or cocaine they decided to build giant wheels. With the thought and belief somebody would actually buy them.

And sure enough they did make them, and sure enough somebody bought them. Is this a great country, or WHAT?

I mean, DANG. Anything's possible, ridiculous or not. Anything.
                  Last edited by pdub; April 13, 2012, 01:30 PM.
                  Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

They sure are quiet.
                    1997 Ranger 5.0L HO, GT40 heads/tubular intake, 65mm TB, 1.7rr, B303, Tri-Y headers, dual 2.5" exhaust, Flowmaster mufflers, T5 trans, Tri-Ax shifter, CenterForce Dual Friction clutch, 8.8 Traction Lok 3.55 gears, Cobra 13" front brakes, Cobra 11.65" rear discs.
                    1997 Mustang GT
                    sigpic

Comment

Now that you mention it, they were! I was too busy dry heaving to think about that!
                      Last edited by tedly; April 13, 2012, 12:59 PM.
                      I'm probably wrong

Comment

That is the worst thing I have seen done to a new Camaro... even worse than the rusty white trash one.
                        The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

is it that extreme?
                          32 inch wheels, maybe add 2 inch tread.. its like they made a 4x4 truck car.

I would rather 15 nch wheels and big pouncy 34 inch tread.
                          Previously boxer3main
                          the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

I will never want those big rim, low profile tires... Not my cuppa..

My question... Who SELLS those tires? What are they really for?

My flatbed is 16". My old chevy dump truck is huge at 17...

True...his car...his choice... My opinion:STOOPID...

Comment

i guess the factory 20" rims where not big enough....

i hate it rims should really only be as big as they have to be to clear the break calipers. mind you this is only my opinion
                              Originally posted by Remy-Z;n1167534
                              Congratulations, man. You've just inherited the "Patron Saint of Automotive Lost Causes" from me. No question.

75Grand AM 455:Pissed off GrandMA, 68 Volkswagen Type1 "beetle":it will run some year

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
                                then you'll hate this picture of a "Chevy truck on dubs"
                                Seriously??? A Chevy???

Originally posted by studemax View Post
                                It looks great. And it's a Studebaker.
                                Agreed.

I've seen this truck in person and it is beautiful.

Those Camaros are stupid. I don't really care for the new Camaro anyway, but it is even dumber with 32" wheels on it.
                                1990 Chevrolet 454SS Pickup - 2 time Power Tour participant (2002 & 2007), Long Hauler in 2007
                                1966 Pontiac GTO Hardtop - 3x2, 4speed fully restored with some mods
                                1996 Chevrolet K2500 Ext Cab/Short Bed

Comment

Working...
                                X