Clear All

• Buzzards Attack Cars & Eat Them!

From CH 6 Orlando News:

-----------------------------------------------------------
    Vultures Ripping Apart Roofs, Chewing Cars

POSTED: 8:13 am EST March 5, 2008
    UPDATED: 8:22 am EST March 5, 2008

BARTOW, Fla.

Residents in a Polk County community are demanding help in getting rid of vultures that

are ripping shingles off rooftops and chewing rubber linings of car doors and windows.

City officials said little can be done about the hundreds of black and turkey vultures because they are federally protected under the Migratory Bird Treaty Act.

City Attorney Sean Parker said vultures have additional protection under
    a bird-sanctuary ordinance adopted by Bartow in the 1950s.

Officials said scaring off the vultures could be considered a violation
    and could result in fees of up to $500 a day.

The city plans to amend the rules, but the details have yet to be worked out.

Hanging likenesses of dead vultures or using noise are options.

Watch Local 6 News Orlando for more on this story.
    -------------------------------------------------------------

The page you're trying to access could not be found or is no longer available.

Re: Buzzards Attack Cars & Eat Them!

Are they good eatin? That way, you "consume" the evidence. Given what they eat, maybe not.

Just a thought
    Dan

Comment

What late night show used to do the odd news with the question "Is it Florida or Germany?" ? That's what this reminds me of.
      Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Buzzards Attack Cars & Eat Them!

Popularized by Adam Corolla of the Loveline radio program, as callers would phone the show, give an example of bizarre behavior, then Adam and others in the studio would guess whether the event happened in Florida or Germany.

Someone with good knowledge of either location can tell which due to cultural differences between Florida and Germany.

EXAMPLE: "A 17 year-old was recently arrested for attempting to rob a bank with a potato gun. Florida or Germany?"

Comment

That's funny! I'm guessing Florida. They just need to find out what "attacks and eats" black turkey vultures, and get'em sum. I didn't know that turkey vultures were "protected", I smacked one with my truck about a year ago when it was pickin' at a road kill and failed to get the hell out the way.
          Just groovin' to my own tune.

Comment

Do birds get Shingles?

Comment

You can't scare them because that would be a violation BUT you can hang likenesses of dead vultures or use noise. Now how's that not considered scaring? What, do they fly up and see the body and think to themselves, wow the food is bad here? The whole ordeal sounds pretty humorous.

Comment

Sounds like a good opportunity for all you gun toters from the other thread. :-\
                1967 Chevelle 300 2 Door Post. No factory options. 250 ci inline six with lump-ported head, big valves, Offy intake and 500cfm Edelbrock carb.

Comment

Working...
                X