Local speed shops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Local speed shops

east coast speed in yonkers was a popular destination in high school , think they gave up in 84

Comment

This is the one I like to go to, Vic Hubbard Speed & Marine. Been in business since 1949. Located in Hayward California.

Comment

There are probably a few 'fly by nights' shops around catering to the tuner crowd but the only 'real' shop I know of in the area is Parr Automotive. They've been around for years and I've had good luck doing business with them.

Comment

Originally posted by ch1ll
          Tubbed, you ever been by a place called Arizona Speed and Marine? If so, whats it like.
          I know the place very well, both my friends Bob and Ted worked there.

It's been a long time since I've been by there so I'm not sure how things are going today, but back when my buddies worked there, they were doing some cool stuff.

Comment

early efi mavens

Comment

i just drove an hour with my buddy to go and see (spy ;D :) Youngs Speed Shop in Ottawa (Ont)

whoa.nice guy.very genuine.but no inventory and 1/2 what he has is dated from the mid 90s..... :-\
              "IGNORANCE SHOULD BE EFFIN PAINFUL"

522 cubes on One Gun,doin' it on W's at full weight baby!

Comment

day/glo and billet ????????????

Comment

Did they have any under-Car 'Street-Glow' Kits ;D? ~J/W.

Comment

Harry's Hot Rod in the DFW area (Arlington, I think, not sure of the town but know how to get there) is pretty cool too.
                    Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                    HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

up here in dump jersey , , there are so few hot rods driving around everyday , how can they stay in business ?
                      you break stuff , order it from sumjegs and install it a week later

Comment

Speed shops? I'm having a hard time finding any shop with a hot tank to boil a block and heads in Milwaukee.
                        One guy told me he just acid washes them, I'm thinking environmental laws.

Speaking of environmental laws, any one know what the old crab dip was for cleaning carbs? New stuff is methylene chloride, which is the same as paint remover and doesn't do a very good job.

Comment

The only one that I know of is all the way up in Bloomsburg called Terra's Speed Shop.
                          "I live for myself and I answer to nobody."

-Steve McQueen

Comment

Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan
                            east coast speed in yonkers was a popular destination in high school , think they gave up in 84
                            Spidey, they still exist upstate in Orange county.

Comment

middletown

Comment

Frank Butlers speed shop in Pensacola Fl. closed maybe 10 or so years ago. They use to print a catalog (about 120 pages),rows of 10' high shelves full of anything you could need. they had a row that stocked maybe 400 or 500 cams. aluminum intakes were hung from the ceiling by chains. they also had a large full service machine shop. back in the 80s they stayed busy. there were always 5 or 10 people in the speed shop.I wish they were still in business. the only 2 speed shops in this area are small and don't carry much you have to order most of the speed parts.
                                It's a Tri-Power Inline six [email protected] in the 1/8th

Comment

Working...
                                X