old Dealer plates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• old Dealer plates

My dear wife took me for a drive today to nearby Bisbee in her Prowler. We stopped by a few antique shops, and found an old dealer advertising plate, it's made of steel so it has to be old! ten bucks....they used to give them to you when you bought a new car.

Interesting thing is that her Dart (which her dad bought for her in Tucson in 1980) originally came from Safford....from Curtis Motors.....according to the warranty info that was in the glovebox with the owners manual.

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Just thought I'd go looking at some stuff from the way back days.
    Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Dumb luck but great dumb luck.
      ...when you got a fast car, you think you've got everything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpvfmSL6WkM

Comment

looks like the perfect drag week car for her.

Comment

She's too smart to want to go on Drag Week.
          My fabulous web page

Comment

I always assumed that the cars these scoops came on just had these bolted on and they were just fake . These cars hood seems to have holes under them . Did it come that way or was this a after dealer modification ?
            Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Her Dart was a slant six car. A friend found the hood on a 340 car, and that hood was bent, so we just used the scoops. There were holes under each scoop, with a rubber lip (to keep from cutting yourself on it?). the holes just let air go down into the engine compartment, they don't connect to anything. So yeah...they are sort of functional, but not the same as most hood scoops are.
              My fabulous web page

Comment

Working...
              X