1937 Ford Housecar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1937 Ford Housecar

Check out this link. I would love to have this thing. Keith probably wouldn't let us have it at Maxton, because with a good cooler, nothing would get done by the volunteer force ;).

Graeme Thickins’ 1937 Ford Housecar Discovery Introducing Graeme’s Once-In-a-Lifetime Discovery…a 1937 Ford Housecar One of only six said to have been made per year in the mid-’30s at the Ford Plant in St. Paul, Minnesota, according to an article on this car in a 1993 “Old Cars” magazine article (see link below). Very few others–perhaps…

Re: 1937 Ford Housecar

Very Nice

Comment

Wow, I think that's awesome!!! The first generation of the Econoline/Club Wagon!!! :o
      President, Wicked Rides Poland

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...eau-Club-Wagon

Comment

Won't surprise me to hear old Henry had something to do with these being built. He was an avid camper and some of his camping mates were guys you may have heard of like Harvey Firestone, Thomas Edison and Teddy Roosevelt and a guy named E.G. Kingsford that was a relitive of Henry's. He gave Henry this crazy idea about making charcoal for their camping trips from the wood scraps around the River Rouge Plant. Umm, I wonder if Henry took him up on the idea.
        Jeremy George in Windsor NY

Comment

Support Vehical Class Maybe, that thing looks fun to cruise in.

Comment

'Ole Henry really did have the hookup back in the day. His crew was a virtual 'Who's-Who's' of the Automotive/Industrial World. Henry also happened to own vast tracts of land in upstate Michgian,not to mention the Detroit-Toledo- &-Ironton(DT&I...) Railroad,amongst 'other interests'. 'Ole Henry also met the 'other H'...Aldof Hitler several times as well(Ford SOLD the German's TONS of Equipment/Parts,ect during the late 30's/early 40's.....it's in History Books...look it up....)in His time. ~J/W.

Comment

Pretty cool find Joe.

Comment

I think THAT would be better than a 'Mid-Year' 'Vett Stevie,don't you think ;D ;D! The Motorcycle would just slip right on in ;)! ~J/W.

Comment

What a wonderful find. I'd have found it difficult to let that one go - even for a ton of money. The interior looks like a boat builder may have had a hand in it.

Dan

Comment

That would look cool being towed behind my motorhouse. It would give us something to cruise around in.

Comment

Originally posted by mustang13
                      Won't surprise me to hear old Henry had something to do with these being built. He was an avid camper and some of his camping mates were guys you may have heard of like Harvey Firestone, Thomas Edison and Teddy Roosevelt and a guy named E.G. Kingsford that was a relitive of Henry's. He gave Henry this crazy idea about making charcoal for their camping trips from the wood scraps around the River Rouge Plant. Umm, I wonder if Henry took him up on the idea.
                      That whole crew often spent time in Asheville, NC at the Grove Park Inn. I certainly would have liked going back in time to be in their company for even a short period of time. Think of the tales that could be told.

Comment

I want it. I'm tired of paying a grand a month for rent.
                        BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X