Damn YARD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Damn YARD

It's rained about 5 inches here in a week or two, I've poured that much out of that rain gauge. The weeds love it. But it's a great problem to have, a yard. It means you have a "place." But I don't know how many times I've ever said I'd like to sell the yard and keep the house.

We're going down the road again so I had to fix the place up to look like somebody lives here while we're gone. Damn yard. DAMN yard. And it's hot. And I'm old, and little and tired. Shall I list all the rest of my seemingly valid complaints?

Damn yard, and this is only the carnage from the FRONT yard. The backyard is hidden from public view, that's another month-long assault......every one of these bags weighs a LOT more than I do. WET shit, I mean heavy. MUSTANG heavy.

Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010337.JPG
Views:	31
Size:	116.8 KB
ID:	1211754
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

"Be sure to consult your physician before starting an exercise regimen..."
    Just Kidding... Don't hurt yourself!
    Patrick & Tammy
    - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Originally posted by silver_bullet View Post
      "Be sure to consult your physician before starting an exercise regimen..."
      Just Kidding... Don't hurt yourself!
      Oh it's too late.

Comment

Pea Wee, get it?

Click image for larger version  Name:	pea.jpg Views:	1 Size:	18.2 KB ID:	1211762

FREE SHIPPING!
        Last edited by RockJustRock; August 12, 2018, 10:33 AM.
        My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

Originally posted by RockJustRock View Post
          Pea Wee, get it?
          Ed (oletrux) already pointed out here a while back, that's not the answer. You see those pea gravels underneath those body bags full of dead weight in the photo? We've gottem. Those are great for about 2 weeks but they're weed magnets after that.

Anyhow, the yard is a great problem to have, I should just stay quiet, but I don't know how to. And I also don't know how I'll be able to drive Red to the shop tomorrow, but that's just more invented drama for entertainment's sake, my own entertainment's sake.

Comment

One word......concrete.

Comment

Originally posted by malc View Post
              One word......concrete.
              "Apartment." But all of our stuff won't fit into it and it won't have a garage for Red and Bluebelle.

Comment

Junior the riding mower got stuck on the only level piece of our property, right in the middle of the front yard. Pulling the sweeper. The sweeper bag go so heavy, Junior couldn't pull it anymore. Just spinning one wheel and then the other as I rocked back and forth in the seat, trying to make it bite into some traction. And it's hot outside, did I say it was hot?

Comment

Find somewhere that is zoned residential/light commercial, outfit it with a house/shop and pave the rest....Reworked service station?
                  Patrick & Tammy
                  - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Find somewhere that is zoned residential/light commercial, outfit it with a house/shop and pave the rest....Reworked service station?
                    Or, imagine this, I could actually PAY somebody to do the yard. I don't know why I don't. Too stubborn probably. Maybe I just like being mad and hurt up. Let me think about this.....

Comment

I dunno. But to me the best prank ever is obscene words written in a yard with miracle gro
                      Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
                        I dunno. But to me the best prank ever is obscene words written in a yard with miracle gro
                        Yes, but no. The same thing with Roundup, mixed double strength. Triple strength.

Comment

I've sent you a PM. You're always the one with the best advice.

Comment

Actually you need a barrier layer between the present yard and the gravel. Heavy plastic. I didn't realize you were considering anything THAT seriously like relocating.
                            My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

Originally posted by RockJustRock View Post
                              Actually you need a barrier layer between the present yard and the gravel. Heavy plastic. I didn't realize you were considering anything THAT seriously like relocating.
                              Today I WAS every bit that serious. I threw the plastic garbage can halfway across the yard after I finally got that 150 pound pile of shit to come out of it. Calm down peewee. Just hire somebody. And sell the mower and act like everybody else in the neighborhood. This area is a BOON for lawn service, they beat on our door an leave business cards stuck in the door......very very often. They know they've got everybody else on the hook. Us, Superman, the folks next to Superman excluded, honestly everybody in this whole neighborhood is on the hook for lawn services.

I just wasn't raised that way. I knew for sure my daddy was dying for real when all he said was, "I can't run the weedeater anymore, I just can't."

Comment

Working...
                              X