No announcement yet.

I Officially Surrender My Man-Mechanic Card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You are not going to get any aerodynamic improvements from reducing the drag area of the Mustange frontal cross-section, so you will need to focus on the rear wing to achieve those type of advances in performance ... Slipstream vs. downforce.

Comment

Originally posted by Monster View Post
      You are not going to get any aerodynamic improvements from reducing the drag area of the Mustange frontal cross-section, so you will need to focus on the rear wing to achieve those type of advances in performance ... Slipstream vs. downforce.
      First, "my" Red won't go that fast. And the Red in that photo proves you can even make a brick go fast if you have a Presidential Level of horsepower.

And for the aero on the rear.....I'm thinking but I can't come up with what exactly it was....I watching on TV or the internet or somewhere, they put some kind of a wing thing on the back of it that had a really undesirable effect. Like at a certain really insane high speed the air started arguing with the other air going around it and it actually lifted the back end of the car off the ground. So how do you design and implement a piece like that without a wind tunnel? It's a mystery to me for sure.

And I still believe 185 mph is the magic number. I've seen it, that's the speed at which a car will fly if everything's not right on it to hold it down.
      Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Time to start honing those autocross skills.... with the new suspension and steeper gears, she should be a banshee on the twisties....
        Patrick & Tammy
        - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Originally posted by pdub View Post

But there's a Red, do you want me to fix Red up like this?
          NOOOOOOOOOOO! 333

I like Red as he looks presently.... a racecar dressed in casual attire for the distinguished couple out for a Sunday drive....
          Last edited by silver_bullet; August 18, 2018, 02:58 PM.
          Patrick & Tammy

Comment

I think there's a LOT to be gained in covering and choking down the big holes in Red's front. A looong way to go before you chance overheating him.

I always wonder about those extreme rear aero changes. NO WAY most of the guys doing them do any tunnel work. Just scratchin' their heads or believing what the Summit book tells 'em.

But a wing like that.... Sure would make a nice place for you and Unit to catch a snack or take a nap on the ground by the bumper.

I say go for it. Easy to fab up as detachable. Go about twice as deep as that one, room for a decent selection of condiments.
            My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

Until then.....

FREE SHIPPING! Great Styling And Extra Protection. Now you can add stealthy aerodynamic styling to your Mustang and protect your headlights from road debris dam

AERODYNAMIC! American Muscle SAYS SO! (have they lied to you yet?). Pops right on and off so Unit can sit in Red seeing how she feels about black accents.

Now a splitter..... THAT would just make you angry, don't do THAT!

Comment

Not allowed....

Click image for larger version

Name:	ge.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	255.3 KB
ID:	1212375

Comment

Originally posted by RockJustRock View Post
                  But a wing like that.... Sure would make a nice place for you and Unit to catch a snack or take a nap on the ground by the bumper.

I say go for it. Easy to fab up as detachable. Go about twice as deep as that one, room for a decent selection of condiments.
                  I can describe my reaction to that in less than a dozen words:

No.

Comment

Originally posted by RockJustRock View Post
                    Not allowed....

Click image for larger version

Name:	ge.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	255.3 KB
ID:	1212375
                    Why not? Of course it's allowed. But I've got no use for all of that. I'll never get to the speed to be able to take advantage of all that. Red's a pig, probably 3800 pounds with the wheels and the brakes and the blower. And I'm telling you Man, I'm telling you, 185 mph is the number. That's when cars fly and Red is not that fast and never will be.

Comment

I still think the sunglasses for Red might be good for a few MPH.

Comment

Originally posted by pdub View Post

..... I'm telling you Man, I'm telling you, 185 mph is the number. That's when cars fly.....

pretty sure it might be a bit different depending on the car.
                        for instance, the 461" in my vette gets almost 15mpg on
                        the freeway at a steady 50mph. i attribute that to superior
                        aerodynamics.

im absolutely certain the same motor in, say, a 78 K5 blazer
                        would get maybe 10mpg at the same speed/same rpm.
                        its about as aerodynamic as a brick.

im also just as certain that K5 would get 'unstable' WAY before
                        185mph, while my vette might be ok. i know its good to 148mph
                        now.... (verified by HPD....dont ask)

Comment

Why not? sounds like one hell of a story.....

On another note, Pdub, you were asking about horsepower numbers for a set of headers...ask and ye shall receive: https://www.bangshift.com/forum/foru...009-mustang-gt
                          Click on the link where it says for full details, click here....I am NOT saying that you need to get them, only for informational purposes... by the way, you had better explain to Sue Unit as to why you are online looking for Hookers....
                          Last edited by silver_bullet; August 19, 2018, 04:54 AM.
                          Patrick & Tammy

Comment

The crew chief thanks Pdub for his "NO", and calls time out. We have two running cars, and the truck, all is well. Take a break. Tweak your own stuff, lol.

Comment

Just need time to enjoy this new gear ratio before we decide to do anything else, I haven't even ridden in RED since this upgrade!.

Comment

Pdub.....Ya gotta fix this!
                                Patrick & Tammy

Comment

Working...
                                X