Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

I've got to say, trying to cause even more trouble perhaps.....Unit's brother Tom is a riot, he's so much fun. There we were at the family picnic, Tom's telling stories while we were shucking corn. That's another thing, corn. Two giant burlap bags of corn, that's part of the tradition.

So we're shucking corn and Tom says he's got a bunch of dead muskrats and a few raccoons in the deep freezer. He kills them on their property and they don't stink so bad when they're frozen and you can await whatever time is convenient to take the dump......HHAHAAHAHH!!!!!!!!!

And then he talked about burying a cat. The cat died. He's got a backhoe, the real deal. So he dug a hole and went to do a ceremonial burial. Nobody else was around, the family was not there. He had the cat nice and neat in a cardboard box. When he picked up the box, the bottom fell out of it, dead cat and all. So he just kicked the cat into the hole and threw the box in behind it..,,,,,and covered it up. The family never needs to know.... HAHAHHHHAHH!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

One of our cats died while I was gone for a few days, the ground was hard-as-a-rock in the summertime making things hard to bury, wife didn't know what to do so her sister who has lots of years working around zoos, etc. said to put it in the freezer, which we had a big one on the back porch. There it was forgotten. A few weeks later I'm alone in the house rummaging around in same freezer looking for veggies or something and among all the other stuff there is a plastic bag, which upon focusing on through the frost reveals our old pet cat's face looking at me. So I'm half WTF, half pissed and half really pissed and just then the the sister-in-law calls on the phone for some reason and I go off on her about the frozen cat in the g****mn freezer and she says she's the one who said to put it there and I...I...oh, whatever. So anyhow after that we all lived in a house where there was a rule "No Dead Cats in the Freezer" and later on we got rid of the freezer entirely.

Live Cats

Our current ones on the news this morning as part of a clear-the-animal-shelters promotion (everything around here comes from the Humane Society).

Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC07704.JPG Views:	1 Size:	93.9 KB ID:	1211432

Looking at the pictures, we could have named them PeeWee and Stude...

Last edited by Loren; August 9, 2018, 09:12 AM.

Comment

When I was a kid, we had lots of cats - we never adopted a cat but usually had 10-20 that were dropped off because we lived in the country. The cats figured the free buffet at our house was good enough for them (we simply had them fixed and turned them loose) so we always had those creatures underfoot. One of those cats that seemed to realize I didn't like him so, as cats are wont to do, never left my side. Since my parents had a toy poodle and never had a real dog, that cat was my 'dog.' (incidentally the toy poodle followed me too).
          Unfortunately, since we lived on a fairly busy street, cat mortality was pretty high and this cat lost all his 9 lives in one gruesome incident. My mom saw it happen and ended up being the mortician. I'm guessing the cat was looking for me as I was in school at the time. My mom told me that cat had died, but not details. I never considered that she didn't bury it.
          We had a trailer that we would take to the dump every couple of months, and my mom, pragmatist that she is, figured that was the best place for this now plastic-bagged-cat. A month later I'm pitch-forking the garbage out and found the burial site. No, I'm not over it. smh. Of course, the proper response was to un-tine the cat then toss its carcass into the open-pit dump. Every time I drive by that land now, I remember that incident. There is a Home Depot on top of the burial site, I'd like to think that cat is under the plastic-bag section.
          Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; August 9, 2018, 09:11 AM.
          Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Back to the procedure for an automatic cat wash!
            Patrick & Tammy
            - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Pdub - you need this girl.... she can be the lyrics to your tunes

this is a pretty cool program - they take unadoptable animals, send them to prison where they're trained by inmates and then put up for adoption....

This weeks' pup is Lyric, the 1.5-year-old Pitbull Mix. Lyric is up for adoption at the Prison Pet Partnership in Gig Harbor. She is equal parts fun and playful as she is couch potato cuddle bug. She also enjoys lots of attention, playing with her chew bones, belly scratches, kisses, laying in the sunshine, running with her friends. She dislikes when people she doesn't know stare at her or lean over her head. Lyric is looking for a family and if you or someone you know are interested in meeting this sweet babe, email Cait at [email protected]. You can also learn a little more about Prison Pet Partnership by visiting their Facebook page or instagram, @prison_pet_partnership.{ }The Seattle RUFFined Spotlight is a weekly profile of local pets living and loving life in the PNW. If you or someone you know has a pet you’d like featured, email us at [email protected] or tag #SeattleRUFFined and your furbaby could be the next spotlighted! (Image: Sunita Martini / Seattle Refined).

Comment

Originally posted by silver_bullet View Post
                Back to the procedure for an automatic cat wash!
                I know what you're talking about Patrick, the text story where the dog put the cat into the clothes washer for giggles. But I did a quick search and found this....HAHAHAhAHA!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
                  Pdub - you need this girl.... she can be the lyrics to your tunes

this is a pretty cool program - they take unadoptable animals, send them to prison where they're trained by inmates and then put up for adoption....

This weeks' pup is Lyric, the 1.5-year-old Pitbull Mix. Lyric is up for adoption at the Prison Pet Partnership in Gig Harbor. She is equal parts fun and playful as she is couch potato cuddle bug. She also enjoys lots of attention, playing with her chew bones, belly scratches, kisses, laying in the sunshine, running with her friends. She dislikes when people she doesn't know stare at her or lean over her head. Lyric is looking for a family and if you or someone you know are interested in meeting this sweet babe, email Cait at [email protected]. You can also learn a little more about Prison Pet Partnership by visiting their Facebook page or instagram, @prison_pet_partnership.{ }The Seattle RUFFined Spotlight is a weekly profile of local pets living and loving life in the PNW. If you or someone you know has a pet you’d like featured, email us at [email protected] or tag #SeattleRUFFined and your furbaby could be the next spotlighted! (Image: Sunita Martini / Seattle Refined).

Beautiful doggy!

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post

Beautiful doggy!
                    There. I was going to say, that looks just like some DB material right there. You beat me to it.

Comment

Originally posted by pdub View Post

There. I was going to say, that looks just like some DB material right there. You beat me to it.
                      You DO need this dog!

Comment

I know what you're talking about Patrick, the text story where the dog put the cat into the clothes washer for giggles. But I did a quick search and found this....HAHAHAhAHA!!!!!!!!
                        I take it that it's not Kenny approved then?
                        Patrick & Tammy
                        - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Originally posted by silver_bullet View Post

I take it that it's not Kenny approved then?
                          He hasn't seen it yet. I want to know what store that machine's installed in.

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post

You DO need this dog!
                            No, need and want and fact are all different things. We now have to outlive the cat, we are responsible owners. A dog, you DO have to travel with. It's a joy of course but lots of maintenance moments during the day. And talk about finding a smoking room, try finding a pet-friendly room.

The cat, you can leave it at home with lots of litter boxes and food and water. Cats have no internal clock, when you get home they don't know if you've been gone for an hour or a week. They basically sleep all day anyhow. So, no, we don't "need" that dog. Not right now. Odds are, we'll get another one if we live long enough and we are finally tired of traveling so much for fun. We're not there yet.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
                              When I was a kid, we had lots of cats - we never adopted a cat but usually had 10-20 that were dropped off because we lived in the country. The cats figured the free buffet at our house was good enough for them (we simply had them fixed and turned them loose) so we always had those creatures underfoot. One of those cats that seemed to realize I didn't like him so, as cats are wont to do, never left my side. Since my parents had a toy poodle and never had a real dog, that cat was my 'dog.' (incidentally the toy poodle followed me too).
                              Unfortunately, since we lived on a fairly busy street, cat mortality was pretty high and this cat lost all his 9 lives in one gruesome incident. My mom saw it happen and ended up being the mortician. I'm guessing the cat was looking for me as I was in school at the time. My mom told me that cat had died, but not details. I never considered that she didn't bury it.
                              We had a trailer that we would take to the dump every couple of months, and my mom, pragmatist that she is, figured that was the best place for this now plastic-bagged-cat. A month later I'm pitch-forking the garbage out and found the burial site. No, I'm not over it. smh. Of course, the proper response was to un-tine the cat then toss its carcass into the open-pit dump. Every time I drive by that land now, I remember that incident. There is a Home Depot on top of the burial site, I'd like to think that cat is under the plastic-bag section.
                              Wonderful story . Just beautiful.
                              Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

No, need and want and fact are all different things. We now have to outlive the cat, we are responsible owners. A dog, you DO have to travel with. It's a joy of course but lots of maintenance moments during the day. And talk about finding a smoking room, try finding a pet-friendly room.

The cat, you can leave it at home with lots of litter boxes and food and water. Cats have no internal clock, when you get home they don't know if you've been gone for an hour or a week. They basically sleep all day anyhow. So, no, we don't "need" that dog. Not right now. Odds are, we'll get another one if we live long enough and we are finally tired of traveling so much for fun. We're not there yet.
                                How can you say no to "Lyric" the dog? I mean, really... you can rescue her from Seattle - after all, around here they celebrate lyrics from Nirvana

the best part - because the pooch has been trained by criminals, she'll have the proper training to remove the problems from your neighborhood.... you just know she's packin'
                                Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; August 9, 2018, 01:25 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X