Dogs are Living Luggage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dogs are Living Luggage

We were at Unit's family picnic in Pittsburgh. Three dogs were there. And of course there was a conflict. Two perfectly well behaved dogs and then another one. The folks with the not-other so best one refused to listen to logic from the owners of the other two dogs. Like, humans can't always get along so well, so let's add some dogs. More drama, we need more drama.

Years ago when Spankie the Dawg was alive, we traveled with him. He went everywhere with us. He loved riding in the car. We went to a place in the North Carolina mountains. A resort of sorts back then, cabins (nice houses) back in the woods. Since then, the whole property was sold for a few million dollars, not for rent anymore. But it was back then.

At the main entrance we met a guy who looked like Doonesbury. A burned-out veteran in military camo. He saw Spankie in the car. He went into a speech.

"So, you have a dog. Dogs are living luggage, you have to take them where you go. I like dogs. I like them with salt and pepper."

Just sayin.
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

So what you're telling us this morning is that old veterans are crazy? Because if that's NOT your message, then you are NOT "just sayin" anything that makes a lick of sense. Please communicate clearly, P.
    Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

I don't believe that is what Pdub was saying.....but, he's selling dogs short.....dogs are adopted kids with fur.... some listen better than others.... you either take them with you or leave them with a sitter.... not like a cat that's too independent or scared of its own shadow....
      Patrick & Tammy
      - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Originally posted by studemax View Post
        So what you're telling us this morning is that old veterans are crazy? Because if that's NOT your message, then you are NOT "just sayin" anything that makes a lick of sense. Please communicate clearly, P.
        Ok, my bad. The old guy said all of that and then he looked a Spanike and smiled. I think he thought he was joking. I think. But I'm not sure.

And as much of a scene as dogs can create, they are far better than cats. Every time. I'm sorry Kenny, if you log on and read this.

Comment

..... then he looked a Spanike ....
          AGAIN. WTH are you saying? Are you asleep when you are typing?

Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

Stude, bless your heart. You're okay. You really are.

Comment

I'm sure no malice was intended...especially towards you....as a veteran, my feelings were not hurt, and i can understand in a way, what Pdub was saying....so let's show a bit of compassion and understanding for our fellow man, shall we? Especially when it's a fellow BangShifter!
              Patrick & Tammy

Comment

Originally posted by silver_bullet View Post
                I'm sure no malice was intended...especially towards you....as a veteran, my feelings were not hurt, and i can understand in a way, what Pdub was saying....so let's show a bit of compassion and understanding for our fellow man, shall we? Especially when it's a fellow BangShifter!
                If I only understood what I've done wrong....I'm looking back, there was a guy in camo.....I thought it was funny. Well, whatever. I guess I'm easily misunderstood and I can't fix that after all of these years.

Comment

Good to know the stories are still flowing, I think this is a classic miss-understanding due to the fact that - as great as forums are, and as many "emoji" as we have - you still lose the voice inflection and facial expressions that are so important in face to face communication.
                  There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Pdub, may I suggest you delete this entire thread - I don't see anything here that will result in anything less then a huge fight.... sometimes people just can't understand the point that someone is trying to make.... it's okay to basically just drop it....
                    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

I get that PDub doesn't like dogs that don't get along, doesn't mind treating them like a suitcase and met a veteran that eats them or at least jokes about it. Am I close?
                      My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

The whole point is people feel the need to take dogs with you , they are a part of the family and love it . Cats on the other hand , they are the teenager that yeah , they still love you but they just don't want to go with you anywhere anymore . And if you see them in public........your not supposed to talk to them . They are just to cool for that . And independent...........even though they live in your house and eat your food and use your cable . KENNY , YOU KNOW IT'S TRUE !
                        Last edited by Dan Barlow; August 8, 2018, 11:20 AM.
                        Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Emoticons dudes......emoticons. See how well they work?
                          Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

Originally posted by RockJustRock View Post
                            I get that PDub doesn't like dogs that don't get along, doesn't mind treating them like a suitcase and met a veteran that eats them or at least jokes about it. Am I close?
                            Or a veteran that likes salt and pepper colored dogs... after all, Pdog was salt and pepper colored... who fricken knows, but good grief Mr. 'Pdub, I know it's hot and all but really do we need this?
                            Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Originally posted by STINEY View Post

Emoticons dudes......emoticons. See how well they work?
                              Patrick & Tammy

Comment

Working...
                              X