No announcement yet.

Rules and Regulations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Huntington, West Virginia. The home of Marshall University - "We are MARSHALL!!!!!" The Thundering Herd. Drove right past the football stadium.

Roach Motel. Smoking room.

Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010333.JPG
Views:	24
Size:	106.3 KB
ID:	1210959
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Tazewell, Tennessee. A nice spot in a nice place. Smoking room. Note: peewee and Sue Unit thumb their noses at the Majority Authority. It just takes some diligence and patience and searching.

Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010335.JPG
Views:	18
Size:	69.6 KB
ID:	1211042

Comment

I would say I think it would be easier to quit smoking if it weren't for the fact I can't seem to stop drinking sugared cokes .
        Last edited by Dan Barlow; August 6, 2018, 03:04 PM.
        Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Barlow View Post
          I would same I think it would be easier to quit smoking if it weren't for the fact I can't seem to stop drinking sugared cokes .
          Something will kill us. Every single last one of us, one at a time. None of us will ever get out of this gig on earth alive. No matter "what" we do.

Comment

We have a great game we play going down the road. It should be a kid's game in the car, but we made it up just for us. It's too fun not to share.

All over the southeast, at least, there are Dollar General stores. This game is only vibrant if you are taking the cow roads. The back roads. If you're traveling on the interstate, forget it, you can't play this game. But on the back roads, when you see the sign first, holler, "Dollar General !!!." That's a point. And if there's a Dollar General truck parked there in the lot beside the Dollar General store, that's three points. Those are hard to get.

But Dollar General stores that are connected to something else, like in a strip mall, go ahead and call them when you see the sign, but they don't count. It has to be a freestanding Dollar General store.

And there's lots more to call. American flags......FLAG!!!!!!!!!!!! And cows.....COWS!!! And those stars on the front of houses, they're big in the southeast....STAR! But they don't count. It's hard enough keeping score on the Dollar General stores.

Just driving along can be a whole lot of fun, but you have to have a partner to play the game.

Comment

The road trip.....it was Unit's annual family picnic in Pittsburgh. We were going, and then we weren't, we called it off. Never mind why, cancelled the motel reservation in Pittsburgh.. So now we were going to Pittsburgh again, the night before. Let's just GO.

Left in a hurry, forgot a few items in the luggage. And we got to Pittsburgh. Playing freelance again - where will we stay? Let's try the motel where we used to have a reservation. Yep, they have a room - it's $129 for Friday night and $509 for Saturday night. Because of the regatta they were having on the river. A fancy boat race. No, we went somewhere else,.

Comment

Looks like Bluebelle's fixed?

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
                  Looks like Bluebelle's fixed?
                  After about 1200 miles of burning 87 octane, her "engine" light went dark. She's happy. Real happy. Grocery getter. Her racing career is over, as short as it was.

Comment

Not to be a jinx, but I'm just waiting for the PeeWee Gets Bed Bugs thread. Diatomaceous Earth can be your best friend.
                    My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

Originally posted by RockJustRock View Post
                      Not to be a jinx, but I'm just waiting for the PeeWee Gets Bed Bugs thread. Diatomaceous Earth can be your best friend.
                      I'm not sure what that means, but it sure is fun going down the road. Even if hotrods are not involved.

Home tomorrow to see what normal mess that allows. The road is fun, it sure is.

Comment

Originally posted by pdub View Post

Originally posted by RockJustRock View Post
                        I'm not sure what that means, but it sure is fun going down the road. Even if hotrods are not involved.

Home tomorrow to see what normal mess that allows. The road is fun, it sure is.
                        That means that you keep choosing the best option for your habits instead of for your personal hygiene. Bed bugs ain't no joke and I've heard the opposite about the diatomaceous (wants to correct to semiautomatics, lovely) earth. We had two large bags of it because someone (who will remain nameless) thinks that if some is good more must be better, but couldn't give the crap away if delivered.
                        Last edited by 68scott385; August 6, 2018, 08:01 PM.
                        http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...n-block-wanted

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...-Blue-Turd(le)

Comment

We stopped at a Bob Evans restaurant in Huntington WV, that's a relatively upscale place to eat. But there was a guy on the bench in front of the front door. There was something wrong with that guy, he made immediate eye contact and said, loud, "Where do y'all WORK?" I said we're traveling. He asked, "On a motorcycle?"

No.....he was a fixture there. He just loitered around the door. Kinda creepy. we made our getaway out the side door, the door for takeout orders.

And then at the roach motel in Huntington, we were leaving the next morning, I was starting to load up the car. A young guy came up to me and wanted to buy a cigarette. He was fidgety, nervous. He had lots of tattoos. He was feeling all around himself like to pull some money out from somewhere to pay for a cigarette. Well, I didn't have a cigarette on me. I left them in the roach motel room.

I moved the car closer to our room to finish loading and then went back to him and gave him a nearly empty pack, three cigarettes. It was 7:30 in the morning. He said he was waiting on his boss, the boss is never on time. But the boss pays in cash. As we were leaving the roach motel, the boss showed up and away they went. Everybody has their own agenda.
                          Last edited by pdub; August 7, 2018, 04:25 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X