BOAT (Bluebelle Out Another Thousand)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RockJustRock View Post
    I used to see how much I could "beat" the MPH signs on corners by. 15 minimum, but 30+ over as a goal. After all it is JUST the recommended speed, not a limit. Fast ones like 35s at 65 or better were bestest.
    Lifelong, much agreed. Those curve speed limit signs are for Granny and Unit. But we shouldn't condone such things, it's not altogether safe, like on Tail of the Dragon where you can't even see 80 feet ahead of you and somebody else is bound to be doing the same thing coming the other direction, and.....that's the beauty of a road course, there's no oncoming traffic. And the things on the side of the race track are designed and meant to "hit," unlike a tree.

Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Well yeah, that's why the Trials thing. I can hear an announcer say "Joe Schmoe just got through turn 6 at 47 MPH, let's HEAR it!".
      My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

And back to BB, when you pay Dyno Man the next morning, do you still respect him? I mean all he did was provide a service....

Comment

Reminds me of this scene from Risky Business....

Jackie: Joel, be a courageous person. Open the door! That way, you see, I can call a cab.
          Joel: Again, I'm really sorry.
          Jackie: As long as we come to an arrangement, I'm in no mood for complaining. I mean, when you put your good money down you gotta get what you wanted in the first place. Know what I mean? When you buy a TV, you don't buy Sony if you want RCA. I know we could get along real well. But, hey! It's your hard-earned money, right? This way, we make an arrangement and everyone is satisfied.
          Joel: You had carfare.
          Jackie: A long ride. I don't ever come out this far.
          Joel: And your time.
          Jackie: My time, my effort, my infinite patience and understanding.
          Joel: Thank you.
          Jackie: 75 dollars.
          Joel: Fair enough.
          Jackie: Joel, I'm going to give you a number. You ask for Lana. It's what you want.
          Joel: Thank you.
          Jackie: It's what every white boy off the lake wants

Comment

Originally posted by RockJustRock View Post
            And back to BB, when you pay Dyno Man the next morning, do you still respect him? I mean all he did was provide a service....
            I've attained calm. Peace from within. I'd rather not delve into the word "respect," that's too big in this case. That's a hugely serious word. To say we don't respect someone is about the hugest thing you can say about anyone if you really mean it when you say it.

I will say DM is an artist. His realm is not music but tuning a car. But he IS an artist, so he's flaky and frankly undependable as hell. But when he does his thing to completion, it is done more than right. We have all the time in the world for this since I'm retired and we still have Red and Bubba to drive around.

If he can fix Bluebelle I'll be right here as soon as I can get to the keyboard saying, in all caps, she's fixed. Until then, it's just like a pot of spaghetti sauce, it's got to cook and cook for a WHILE.
            Last edited by pdub; July 15, 2018, 04:40 PM.

Comment

For anyone who cares a crap besides us Wees, I just now forced the issue on the phone with Dyno Man. I finally couldn't stand not hearing anything, he's got our car and has had it for going on two weeks.

He said he finally got a software resolution from the tuner folks, it really was the tuner that botched the car. He said he's got a Corvette on the dyno today, maybe tomorrow he'll put Bluebelle on it and get her fixed. I gave him some slack, told him I'd call him Monday.

This ain't at all over, but it's looking up, sort of, from the sound of it. Complete coverage upcoming in December probably.

Comment

YAY!

Comment

I was just wondering about this. Sounds like good news! Thanks for the update.
                  Chris - HRPT Long Haul 03, 04, 05, 13, 14, 15,16 & 18
                  74 Nova Project
                  66 Mustang GT Project

92 Camaro RS Convertible Project
                  79 Chevy Truck Project
                  1956 Cadillac Project

Comment

Great news! Our thoughts and prayers are with you on Miss Bluebells speedy recovery!
                    Patrick & Tammy
                    - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Originally posted by silver_bullet View Post
                      Great news! Our thoughts and prayers are with you on Miss Bluebells speedy recovery!
                      We've got to get that car back so we can then take Red in for rear gear surgery to ultimately prove that won't make him go faster in The Mile. This retirement thing is turning out to be a dream come true much more so than I could have ever imagined. I can only hope everybody on earth someday gets to it. Because it's a really cool deal, the best deal ever. The best deal in life.

Comment

It's WRONG of me to do it, but I daydream of Retirement with health and an inheritance. Sorry, Mom!

Comment

Workin on it... when I got canned, it kinda put a wrench in the works... but I don't give up that easy!
                          Patrick & Tammy
                          - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

I hadn't planned to retire at 56 but my heart (the pump, not the emotion thing) had different ideas. Believe me, you'll find a way to make it work.

Dan

Comment

Y'all know I just HAVE to add as much drama as possible to whatever it is. So I will. A little while ago it came a real storm here. Loud. Hail hitting the house, lots of noise. Woke me up in the middle of the night, and that's hard to do. I just went outside and checked on Bubba sitting out there, with a flashlight he doesn't appear to be damaged, windshield not broken. But there's lots of tree crap and big limbs in the back yard. Nothing serious, just a mess. Bubba's plastered with leaves that came from somewhere across town.

All to say, I checked the radar history and it looked for sure like the bigger hail shaft in that storm came right over the area where Bluebelle is sitting outside on Dyno Man's lot. Wouldn't THAT be something? And there's a bigger line of storms coming, that wasn't "it." Not nearly.

Comment

This whole thing is the pieces of the already dead pine tree that doesn't even belong to us. Another "project" for sure.

But the nature of that storm, what I saw on radar, I'm worried sick about Bluebelle. I think they had some SERIOUS hail over there at DM's shop..

Click image for larger version  Name:	P1010326.JPG Views:	1 Size:	88.6 KB ID:	1209476
                                Last edited by pdub; July 21, 2018, 04:08 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X