No announcement yet.

BOAT (Bluebelle Out Another Thousand)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like driving a shift, my feet don't. A couple of days of driving Red around town made my left foot bleed, for real. Some of us folks are surgically altered.

Comment

PeeWee doesn't want another race car. PeeWee has a 2012 car. PeeWee wants a 2018 car. PeeWee STILL wants his 2012 car with only 15K miles running RIGHT more than anything. "But it's only two years older and SO cool.". Doesn't really work here. Sure a SHO would be an interesting LSR car, but only in that it would just cause problems with Keith and the safety rules like a new Corvette does.
      Maybe someone should buy a SHO and go LSR racing, but not PeeWee, not now. His ass just got kicked by a malfunctioning Ford.

And oh, by the way.....By the wind noise NOT a Dyno pull.

and it's PRETTY!
      Last edited by RockJustRock; July 14, 2018, 07:21 PM.
      My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

Originally posted by sueunit View Post
        I like driving a shift, my feet don't. A couple of days of driving Red around town made my left foot bleed, for real. Some of us folks are surgically altered.
        ouch. I suppose you could just go with a Ford GT, those come with paddle shifters and an automatic clutch
        Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post

ouch. I suppose you could just go with a Ford GT, those come with paddle shifters and an automatic clutch
          Hell - I would move to Cleveland and volunteer to chauffeur Ms Sue Unit anywhere she wanted to go if they got one of those!
          Last edited by cstmwgn; July 15, 2018, 03:41 AM.

Comment

w
            Originally posted by cstmwgn View Post

Hell - I would move to Cleveland and volunteer to chauffeur Ms Sue Unit anywhere she wanted to go if they got one of those!
            I was at that land speed event and got to see a GT go over 200 and.....

NO. No, no no no no, it's gonna be her car. No, no no no no no no shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh no no no
            Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Starting to see the name of this thread. The Tuner Computer guys.... they tend to trade in chunks of money a THOUSAND at a time. The Power Adder guys. Nitrous another THOUSAND. Blower or Turbo, FIVE THOUSAND. PLUS you have to screw the MESS they call BOLT ON together. If you don't WANT to, well, boat. And then..... and then..... they say you've handed them something they can't deliver on? And they STILL claim 'best in the Southeast"? Sounds like time to try the Northeast or Southwest. 'Tis a bit of a dark era, I fear. And it's going to take a loooong time for the price of these cars used to get below 10 thousand where it would take brass testicles to ASK for that kind of ransom. And 25-30 years to get out of smog test limits so someone like Holley can sell parts RELATIVELY reasonably. Bulls**t parts like electronic transmission controllers. It's a golden era for leaving the stuff stock and driving the CRAP out of it stock in the quarter mile. McT's driveline carnage is MINOR in comparison, mere HUNDREDS. Ain't no Bert Munro stuff going on HERE.

Comment

Working on the lock and dam has taught me that if I thought for one minute that hot rodding was expensive, Boating is insanely expensive! Locked a pleasure boat the other day and found that in the last six months they had blown the starboard engine, and they were looking for a marine facility to repair their Onan generator that they had lost the previous day....
                Just sayin' I fully understand the frustration, but, it could be worse...
                Patrick & Tammy
                - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Originally posted by pdub View Post
                  I was at that land speed event and got to see a GT go over 200 and.....
                  Here is a pic I took at the ECTA meet in Maxton on October 25-26, 2008 while I was event Starter.
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	October 25-26 001.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	151.6 KB
ID:	1208824

Comment

Bob Self's car. Prettiest bolt-in roll cage you ever saw.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by Monster View Post
                      Here is a pic I took at the ECTA meet in Maxton on October 25-26, 2008 while I was event Starter.
                      From that angle it makes me wonder how those Big-A wipers don't blow off of the car at 200 mph. The new rule book says that for vehicles going over 135 the wiper blades and arms "should" be removed. But we all know the difference in flavor between "should" and "must."

We also know that the weatherstripping around the windshield "should" stay on there, too.

Comment

Originally posted by RockJustRock View Post
                        Ain't no Bert Munro stuff going on HERE.

When Chris and Teresa came by to see us in that beautiful green Mustang y'all know I just had to see under the hood. GYAH, just beautiful in simplicity. AND just beautiful. Teresa said, "Cars these days, you can't even SEE the engine when you open the hood."

Well y'all know I just had to show them a great example of that.

Comment

Starting to see a problem with the Half Mile guys. A car could LOOK really fast but only go 100-130, then a slower looking one just cruises past 150. Better computer hacking?

Comment

Originally posted by RockJustRock View Post
                            Better computer hacking?
                            My blind hog's guess would be "absolutely." Showroom cars are so dumbed down to be safer, it's mind boggling what a tuner will do it it. Making a car run like it "should" doesn't hurt the car at all, the car "wants" that. Until you hack on it until you fry the brains out of it. I wouldn't recommend going quite that far with it, but you don't know what you've done because it's all invisible to start with.

You hook the tuner up to the car and right away it starts making never-bofore-heard space shuttle noises under the hood and the dash display goes completely wackers, all the lights and gauges. It's a bit unnerving the first time you do that. Then you're holding your breath, will this thing even crank now? That's what cars have become.

Comment

Well, watching that Dodge zip right to 135 makes me feel like I'd say "that's fine", leave it alone and keep my playing to 1320 ft. I'm working on a new corner burning thing though. They have "Time Attack", fastest lap. "Sector Shootouts", divide the track up like a pie (might only be a video game thing). Now on motorcycles they have "Trials", who can get through an obstacle quickly and SMOOTHLY, feet ON the pegs. How about "Auto Trials"? Position a radar gun perpendicular to the apex of a corner and see who can lose the LEAST speed in the corner? Add up the corner speeds of a circuit for the score. None of this dive in blast out, just best possible line, maybe even a bonus for not using ANY brakes. I picture lots of cars sliding off the exit. Maybe even some trying to E Brake and drift. Sound like a good event? I used to see how much I could "beat" the MPH signs on corners by. 15 minimum, but 30+ over as a goal. After all it is JUST the recommended speed, not a limit. Fast ones like 35s at 65 or better were bestest.

Comment

You've been playing Baseball at $1000 a swing too long.

Comment

Working...
                                X