BOAT (Bluebelle Out Another Thousand)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by pdub View Post

Rock, your data is incorrect. Bluebelle has 15K on her meter, 6 years later.
    It would be worth asking Ford. Computers are considered emissions equipment and usually warrantied for 7 years and 100,000 miles. Worse they say is "no." Worse you could do is replace it on your dime and they say "well we would have paid for it."
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• I pulled that in 1995 for my 91 s-10 after it went through it's third catalytic converter.... in the cashiers office there was a sign saying "the customer is always right" I held them to it!
      Patrick & Tammy
      - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post

It would be worth asking Ford. Computers are considered emissions equipment and usually warrantied for 7 years and 100,000 miles. Worse they say is "no." Worse you could do is replace it on your dime and they say "well we would have paid for it."
        PeeWee

Regardless Emissions warranties are serious business. If Ford put some kind of "trap door" in their system they are liable when it slams shut. You are letting guilt for something you did that wasn't really wrong color everything. Why SHOULDN'T someone be able to reprogram a car for a special use and later return it to legal status?

But of course nobody needs to be aware of any of that. All you are really responsible for is it saying "Check Engine".

And of course put pressure on the Tuner People. If their Tuner WON'T return a system to stock THEY have a BIG problem.

Actually it is EIGHT years...

Last edited by RockJustRock; July 28, 2018, 07:32 PM.
        My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

• In our case it'll be take it to the Ford place, have them re-flash it again and be done with it. And leave it alone. Back to new. Stock.

When I went in there the first time I told them I/we had been messing with it. Dude said, "You're in luck! We have a recall on the very module that causes that error code."

Cool. Just sayin, that probably won't go that way again, not for free anyhow.
          Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

• I hate to see you lose out on ALL your fun. I'd make one last run at the Tuner people next week. My question would be "According to your claims for your product, what did *I* do wrong?" You even called in another Pro and used up a LOT of HIS precious time on their junk. You still NEED the tuner for Red, but wouldn't you like to feel SAFE using it?

Comment

• Originally posted by RockJustRock View Post
              I hate to see you lose out on ALL your fun. I'd make one last run at the Tuner people next week. My question would be "According to your claims for your product, what did *I* do wrong?" You even called in another Pro and used up a LOT of HIS precious time on their junk. You still NEED the tuner for Red, but wouldn't you like to feel SAFE using it?
              Naw, Red's buttoned up. When DM got done with Red on the dyno, he cleared out Red's tuner and handed it back to me and said, "You can sell this, you won't be needing this anymore." True fact and true fact. Red's next up to get his rear gear changed.

So this whole adventure has been yet another adventure, different car, different issue. But Unit reminded me that I've been through stuff like this before:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Fred.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	121.8 KB
ID:	1210382

Comment

• Why give up once it's been figured out?

Comment

Naw, Red's buttoned up. When DM got done with Red on the dyno, he cleared out Red's tuner and handed it back to me and said, "You can sell this, you won't be needing this anymore." True fact and true fact. Red's next up to get his rear gear changed.

So this whole adventure has been yet another adventure, different car, different issue. But Unit reminded me that I've been through stuff like this before:

Yeah, Sue's your rock.... She'll also remind you that you survived that and much more... DM seems to have accepted you as a valued customer and those business ethics are find to find these days!
                  Patrick & Tammy

Comment

Then go ahead and get your money back on the tuner. It didn't tune right and won't un-tune. What good is THAT?

Comment

• Originally posted by RockJustRock View Post

Then go ahead and get your money back on the tuner. It didn't tune right and won't un-tune. What good is THAT?
                      It was REAL good one time. That tuner is 4 years old. I used it to make Bluebelle go 131 in Ohio instead of her previous 111 stuck on the speed limiter.

Then came the CAI, I want more mph, she can do it. She was still pulling great when she went through the time trap at 131. So I got the CAI, that's the ticket, 20 more HP. That should do it.

And I begged the CAI manufacturer to send me some tunes to go with the CAI. I had to beg them because they'd never heard of me on their tunes database. They finally did, to my surprise and delight. They sent me tunes which corrupted the tuner which in turn corrupted Bluebelle's ECU. It's cause and effect, that's the chain of events. And the tuner will not un-corrupt and that's the battle DM went through with the tuner folks. It's all old equipment and old technology, the car and the technology. I say "old," it's old by now, probably 15 versions away from what's current.

I'm tickled to death to get Unit's grocery getter back home in a state of running. I like Dan B's idea to put a piece of tape over the engine light on the dashboard, and leave it alone. That to me was a ***WHEW***, I thought I'd ruined it forever. No, I don't even need two race cars, I've got one already. What the hell was I thinking anyway? It's a case in point of SBG's reliability theory. There it is - leave it alone, don't F with it, lesson learned.
                      Last edited by pdub; July 29, 2018, 07:57 AM.

Comment

• Anybody that thinks cars are expensive, I just had to pick up a starter and flywheel for an outboard motor at work and the bill was $680! OMG
                        Patrick & Tammy

Comment

• Originally posted by silver_bullet View Post
                          Anybody that thinks cars are expensive, I just had to pick up a starter and flywheel for an outboard motor at work and the bill was $680! OMG
                          That's.....yeah. Yep. I'm not surprised by anything anymore, money-wise. It costs 50 bucks to take a crap. In your own house.

Comment

That's.....yeah. Yep. I'm not surprised by anything anymore, money-wise. It costs 50 bucks to take a crap. In your own house.
                            Yikes! What do you charge the out of state folks?
                            Chris - HRPT Long Haul 03, 04, 05, 13, 14, 15,16 & 18
                            74 Nova Project
                            66 Mustang GT Project

92 Camaro RS Convertible Project
                            79 Chevy Truck Project
                            1956 Cadillac Project

Comment

• Originally posted by 74NovaMan View Post

Yikes! What do you charge the out of state folks?
                              HAhAhAHAhAhaaH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Y'all didn't use the facilities here, but it would have been free of charge if you'd have wanted to, the guest waiver. HAhAHAHAHAHAAH!!!!!!!

Comment

HAhAhAHAhAhaaH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Y'all didn't use the facilities here, but it would have been free of charge if you'd have wanted to, the guest waiver. HAhAHAHAHAHAAH!!!!!!!
                                Whew! I had already dug out the bedside potty to bring with me when I get up that way.
                                Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
                                If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

Working...
                                X