X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• O.K., here ya go!

ECU Engine tuning forum : ECU engine tuning community

what do you recommend other than KESS?
    You will need many tools, MPPS, Kess, Galletto etc...
    All have different values

wbr User avatar
    Shooting
    Last edited by RockJustRock; July 21, 2018, 01:23 PM.
    My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

• If BlueBelle pisses DM off enough!

Comment

• Chiptuning Fun Humor : Here you can post some fun things without offending other people!

Comment

• They keep talking about a VAG. I think BlueBelle is one of THOSE!

Comment

• Originally posted by RockJustRock View Post
            Back to the matter at hand. I wonder how many nerd hot rodders there are out there that buy and try EVERY brand tuner to figure out which works best? "I've got them ALL and I can say the XYZ programmer is BY FAR the best". Gotta be a forum somewhere (there always is) of guys plugging every damn gizmo they can into their ECU just so they can BE the expert..... Googling "ECU programmer forum?.
            First, let's discuss my own credentials. If they required a license to purchase a tuner of any kind, I would have been jailed for trying to get one legally. Secondly, I absolutely and completely and positively and without a doubt don't have the farthest clue what they "do" or even know how they do what they do. Third, I only know if you hook an XYZ tuner up to a car when you should have used a PQR tuner, your car will be in the shop for so long you'll nearly forget you ever owned it. Just sayin, that's all, just sayin.
            Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

• The forum with all the nerd hot rodders appears to be all Euros as all ECUs also appear to be. Their jokes aren't that funny (sorry malc).

Comment

• Originally posted by RockJustRock View Post
                The forum with all the nerd hot rodders appears to be all Euros as all ECUs also appear to be. Their jokes aren't that funny (sorry malc).
                "Won't run" ain't all that funny either.
                Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

• Originally posted by pdub View Post
                  I only know if you hook an XYZ tuner up to a car when you should have used a PQR tuner, your car will be in the shop for so long you'll nearly forget you ever owned it.
                  HAHAHA

Comment

• Originally posted by pdub View Post

First, let's discuss my own credentials..
                    Remember, tuners LOVE to hear that their customer googled something then is beating them up with that advice. Be sure and go back to that tuner and say "the guys on the forum think your XYZ is PDS instead" You get bonus points if you say afterwards "then I googled the problem and you have XYZ v1.0 and you need v2.8."

I do suggest being fleet of foot, though, when you say that.

Of course, whenever I go to an autoparts store and the guy (or gal) behind the counter can't find the part - I google it then give them an autopart number so they can look it up. They always look so thankful.... wonder if McSquatch has ever blogged about being out-googled in the store?

Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post

Of course, whenever I go to an autoparts store and the guy (or gal) behind the counter can't find the part - I google it then give them an autopart number so they can look it up.
                      You must have better counter people up there than we have down here. When I give them THEIR part number they ask me Year / Make / Model!

Comment

• Originally posted by cstmwgn View Post

You must have better counter people up there than we have down here. When I give them THEIR part number they ask me Year / Make / Model!
                        and then I reiterate that the customer is always right....They now look forward to me coming in with a printed sheet from their wesite.... but, there is still ONE parts guy that I will not deal with.... doesn't matter...he hi tails it to the racks when he sees me enter the store....He's the one that called corporate HQ to get Sean fired so he could get Sean's job a few years ago...
                        Patrick & Tammy
                        - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• Originally posted by silver_bullet View Post

and then I reiterate that the customer is always right....They now look forward to me coming in with a printed sheet from their wesite.... but, there is still ONE parts guy that I will not deal with.... doesn't matter...he hi tails it to the racks when he sees me enter the store....He's the one that called corporate HQ to get Sean fired so he could get Sean's job a few years ago...
                          Patrick - you have to get up pretty early to out anal me on any given day so when I go to a store with THEIR part number and still have to do the "idiot dance" it really bothers me. I WAS a parts guy for many years (motorcycle and car dealerships) so I don't have a lot of tolerance for "brain dead" counter personal. I realize that they really don't pay their counter staff enough to warrant any level of intelligences because they have spent all their money on computer programs but it is getting VERY hard to remember all the Year / Make / Model info for the stuff I use!

Comment

• So Allen, you know how good of a parts man Sean was.... I worked at a Chrysler dealership in the K car days, so, yes I understand lack of tolerance for brain dead... Sean was probably the best counter guy they had, and the managers and senior counter people still ask me about him everytime I stop by.... they ask him about me as well...we still have a business account with them and if they don't have the part, thsy will find it elsewhere, as I know senior counterpeople elsewhere... some, since I was 5 years old... still pushin parts after 50 years!

P.S. I remember researching parts in things they call books..... and we often find where programmers messed up.... computers do not make mistakes....we make up "hot books" for vehicles so it is easier to explain.......
                            Last edited by silver_bullet; July 22, 2018, 04:56 PM.
                            Patrick & Tammy
                            - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• I need a 90", 6 rib belt. What's it for? Doesn't matter - I need a 90" 6 rib belt. Make - Volvo. Year - 1983. Model - 245. Engine size - 347 CID. That belt won't fit, it takes a XXXXX. Rem (he's the boss) please grab me a 90" 6 rib belt. No problem - coming right up. This happens all the time to me.

To be fair, the guys who have been there for a while all know me and they don't run me thru the make, model, year deal but I have to break in ALL the newbies. As I explain to all the lads (and the occasional lassie) it really isn't their fault. They get almost no trailing and what training the DO get is all about how to enter stuff thru the keyboard. Few of these folks are car people. They are forced (thru low wages) to hire anyone who can fog a mirror so Rem is sort of screwed. He and I work on the kids to try to get them to think a bit instead of just punching the keys.

Dan

Comment

• Make, Model, Year is CYA so they don't have to accept a return for giving you the wrong one. It get's complicated when everything is "sent over from our warehouse".
                                Last edited by RockJustRock; July 23, 2018, 09:22 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X