BOAT (Bluebelle Out Another Thousand)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BOAT (Bluebelle Out Another Thousand)

That stands for Bust Out Another Thousand. And not the thing that floats, we're now talking about Bluebelle.

Just got a call from Dyno Man, late in the day. Just an update, he's saying that Blublelle is taking lots longer than he planned. He went on about.....well, he's talking way over my head, computer programming stuff. Yes, the CAI will be a great upgrade and he can optimize it just perfectly to burn 93 octane, and .....more programming talk. I was looking out the living room window and not hearing a thing that I can understand.

This is not in any way a rant, it's not at all. DM is the best in this region, by all accounts, NUMEROUS folks I have talked with said that, unsolicited. And he's pricey. Bluebelle will sling her brand new tires slam off the rims when she comes out of there, I know it, he's done it before with Red.

Red's new rear gear or not, it may be time to see what Bluebelle can get done in September at The Mile. That's why I took her to DM. I asked him straightforward, is the CAI a decent upgrade? He said, "Oh yea, oh yeah, oh yeah." He talks real fast. I'm excited about this, but the.....this is gonna cost a lot for a grocery getter that already went way faster than it should and it will for sure will go even faster than that when he gets done with her. Just sayin. Only just sayin.
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Grocery getter means sleeper....just ask Arnie Beswick... look up mrs. B's grocery getter!
    Patrick & Tammy
    - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

That should fix any problem you have with reliability of Bluebell. To be sure, just add more turbo, because nothing says "I love you" to your wife more then stranding her at home because you broke her car.

Oh Pdub, I pray for your soul.
      Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
        To be sure, just add more turbo, because nothing says "I love you" to your wife more then stranding her at home because you broke her car.
        To be clear, yes, if you want ME to add turbo, yes, the car will for sure be broken. Probably forever. Just to be clear, I think I understand what you're proposing.

Comment

Originally posted by pdub View Post

To be clear, yes, if you want ME to add turbo, yes, the car will for sure be broken. Probably forever. Just to be clear, I think I understand what you're proposing.

Comment

I'm starting to wonder....has anybody else here hotrodded the wife's car just for the fun of it? I mean, you've got a designated toy....sorry, tool for fun already, but you just can't leave the wife's car alone? Make IT go faster?

What's up with this hotrodding thing? It must be a drug, and it can cause unpopular things to happen at home. I mean.....

Comment

BlueBelle gets Nitrous.
              My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

Originally posted by RockJustRock View Post
                BlueBelle gets Nitrous.
                pdub gets doghouse.

Comment

pdub gets doghouse.
                  now's the time to do the decorating

Comment

BTW the bullet is Tammy's daily driver during the summer....Boat will be used more than once again...brake upgrade.... chassis upgrade...ported parts and intercooling....
                    Last edited by silver_bullet; July 9, 2018, 06:58 PM.
                    Patrick & Tammy
                    - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Put a window airconditioner in there too . I really don't have a problem hopping up the wifes vehicle . I generally choose something opposite of mine . Like I have been driving gm " sports cars for 18 years . So I get the wife as people hauling 4x4 . Shoot , the thing has 35 more horses than my old trans am gta . And it's only a str as ight six ! It has 373 gears and a limited slip . We're thinking on putting her in something nice and easier on fuel . When that happens .......its bo longer her car . All bets are off then . May even drop the 4x4 stuff out and lower it and find some trailblazer ss wheels . But again , it won't be the wife's car .
                      Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

I'm starting to wonder....has anybody else here hotrodded the wife's car just for the fun of it? I mean, you've got a designated toy....sorry, tool for fun already, but you just can't leave the wife's car alone? Make IT go faster?

What's up with this hotrodding thing? It must be a drug, and it can cause unpopular things to happen at home. I mean.....
                        Hahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaa..................I found the remedy for that....I'm building a car for her! She's all in.
                        Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                        HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

pdub gets doghouse.
                          Well.. Over in England the sheds in the back are called dog houses and are used for crafts or a lounge.. They think us Yanks are stupid to keep MOWERS in our's....

Comment

I'm up in the middle of the night, thinking.....we know that's dangerous.

I never should have ever watched that movie, World's Fastest Indian.

That must be it, the quest .... not just a track record in an odd class....a genuine world land speed record. The world's fastest 2012 pure stock naturally aspirated 3.0L Ford Fusion. I do honestly believe that is within reach. That's what this is about.

EDIT: Okay, never mind. Fizzle. A guy named J Flagg went 167 in a 280Z 2+2 running in F/PRO at Bonneville. But it's likely we'll still have the world's fastest 2012 BLUE Fusion.
                            Last edited by pdub; July 10, 2018, 06:23 AM.

Comment

Note to self: At my level of (lack of) mechanical expertise, do NOT try to hotrod the wife's grocery getter. Just leave it alone.

This is bad.....I've offered Unit that I will buy her a brand new car and I swear to leave that one alone. And I will.

Comment

Working...
                              X