Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kansas City Area to get new track

It looks like the Kansas City Area is getting a new track:

Kansas City International Raceway and I-70 Speedwat, originally built in the late 1960s to serve the Kansas City market but both closed within the past 10 years, will get a fresh start with the help of multiple companies with a scheduled reopening as I-70 Motorsports Park in 2019.

KCIR and I-70 speedway Re-Open in 2019. New 1/4 mile dragstrip and 1/2 mile dirt oval to be built at the site of the old I-70 speedway outside of Odessa, MO. I am cautiously optimistic about this, and hope the NIMBY-types don't throw a wrench in the works.

I am all for resurrecting dead racetracks.
    Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

Originally posted by studemax View Post
      I am all for resurrecting dead racetracks.

Comment

Eat your heart out Claire McCaskell.
        Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
        HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Mr. Larson DESERVES more race tracks to work his magic on.
          My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

I can understand the the drag strip as drag racing is enjoying a resurgent in popularity; but oval racing? From what I read oval racing can't put any spectators in the stands or at least NASCAR can't. I admit I know little about dirt track racing but I am a former asphalt racer from the 70's.
            Long Haul Gang 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17,19
            The older I get The Faster I was!

Comment

I can understand the the drag strip as drag racing is enjoying a resurgent in popularity; but oval racing? From what I read oval racing can't put any spectators in the stands or at least NASCAR can't. I admit I know little about dirt track racing but I am a former asphalt racer from the 70's.
              This is going to sound like an ad - but it isn't. Sign up for daily emails from Speed Sport News and educate yourself about motorsports events worldwide and racing organization news. You don't have to read every article, but just scanning the headlines and checking the pictures will keep you plugged into the scene. Dirt ovals are open for business every week, and they are doing fine. Little dragstrips are upgrading and re-opening around the country. It's the BIG racing plants that are stagnant right now. Local grassroots racing rules whether you like ovals, road courses, or straight line stuff (I'm counting ECTA and SCTA, too).
              Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dave View Post
                It's a DIRT oval. It was a DIRT oval before. What does it take to renovate? A good plowing?

Comment

Originally posted by RockJustRock View Post
                  It's a DIRT oval. It was a DIRT oval before. What does it take to renovate? A good plowing?
                  Depends upon whether it is a flat oval or a banked oval.

Comment

High banked Dirt Oval???
                    Patrick & Tammy
                    - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Originally posted by silver_bullet View Post
                      High banked Dirt Oval???
                      I like the way your evil mind works !

Comment

Originally posted by Monster View Post

I like the way your evil mind works !
                        No reason to get sideways? Getting sideways *IS* your OWN high bank.

Now a dirt road course or a dirt drift competition.... Rally Cross!
                        Last edited by RockJustRock; July 7, 2018, 10:43 AM.

Comment

Now a dirt road course or a dirt drift competition.... Rally Cross!
                          Got one ... it's called the Baja 1000 !

Comment

Originally posted by Monster View Post

Got one ... it's called the Baja 1000 !
                            Nah.... 'Muricans need to get some of THIS!

Put NASCAR in THOSE little beasties!
                            Last edited by RockJustRock; July 7, 2018, 11:04 AM.

Comment

I would tend to agree... that could be a way to re-rejuvenate...
                              Patrick & Tammy
                              - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Working...
                              X