X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questionable Gadget Of The Day

Discuss.....

My hobby is needing a hobby.

I don't know how beneficial it would be without more than 6 psi behind it but at the same time logic would dictate that, if the fuel flow was fanned out like that it would mix better. If someone gave one to me, I'd def try it.
    If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Holley has had three or more designs of shooters, each in incremental sizes for tuning. I'd look for the right one... I liked big pump, big pump cam, small shooter to make sure those venturis were FLOWING before they finished, just me.... Hard to kill a multi spark motor with gas, EASY with lean. Loved my MSD gold box and the later gen Direct Connection Chrome. They claimed they mastered the continuous spark negating the need for MSD.

https://www.jegs.com/p/Holley/Holley...46580/10002/-1

http://www.amazon.com/Holley-36-184-.../dp/B00062YTR2

Now you know why I'm interested in tip-in tuning on EFI and DBW.

But if a piece of tin fixes EVERYTHING so be it!

Once past the needle, seat and float fuel pressure has DONE it's job, it's all carb from then on.

Oh GAWD! Just watched the video!
      Last edited by RockJustRock; June 27, 2018, 02:06 PM.

Comment

The kind of gizmo that'd sucker me right in......
        resist.....resist.

I bought a do hicky thingy for my TH700....
        it plugged in between harness and trans.
        If it worked I never knew it.....the guy selling it was quite surprised he had a customer.
        Well it was in Hot Rod and Car Craft !!

Comment

When Moroso announced THIS they called it "The Bill Jenkins Spring".

I bought one for my Red Pump I never used. The Speed Shop guys thought I was a badass MF!

Comment

I got one of those Tornado do-hickeys with the last L29 I bought. I'm 99.44% sure it's still in the scrap barrel.....which is where I think the tin squirter flare do-hickey would find itself. I know of several folks on FB that think the moon was hung with the tin squirter flare thing-a-ma-bob but I've got better things to waste my money on right now.

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...n-block-wanted

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...-Blue-Turd(le)

Comment

The one that had people scratching their heads was the fuel pre-heaters in the 80s. Not for power mainly but for mileage. They attached to the heater hose. And the next electric supercharger I see I guess I need to link.

But mainly I like to think about accelerator pumps. Anyone REALLY slow a car down with too much squirt?

Comment

Still LOVING this.....

Plus EVERYONE plays the game some..... C'mon Jeg.... $9-$22 for squirters? Do the $22 ones squirt $13 better than the $9 ones?
                Last edited by RockJustRock; June 28, 2018, 02:55 AM.

Comment

Thanks....that was interesting.

Comment

They sell for $7.79 each at Summit
                    regardless of size.

Comment

Anyone ever thought of opening a Speed Shop in Barcelona? Essentially just a store front people could have stuff safely shipped to and hang out at?

Comment

Originally posted by RockJustRock View Post
                        Anyone ever thought of opening a Speed Shop in Barcelona? Essentially just a store front people could have stuff safely shipped to and hang out at?
                        Like my backyard....????
                        There are plenty of American cars here and I have
                        no idea where they buy parts.
                        My friend Miguel just down the street has a 3rd gen Firebird.....he buys from Summit direct too.
                        If there was a shop here I would'nt use it as I am not going to pay someone to do what I can do.
                        I can buy four BF Goodrich tires from Summit for the price of two here.
                        Plus, if I buy the wrong part I know who to blame.

Seems I'm upgrading my carb pump....etc.,
                        Just for watching that video......

Comment

Originally posted by malc View Post
                          I can buy four BF Goodrich tires from Summit for the price of two here.
                          Including shipping ?

Comment

Yup.......I have them sent airfreight and go to the airport to collect them
                            My rear tires would be special order and special puts the cost up.

Comment

Working...
                            X