No announcement yet.

I say Less Hating on Front Wheel Drives

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actually my Ford hatred left town when they got EFI right so much more effortlessly than GM did in the late 80s. They tooled up two units, a performance one for Mustangs and another for trucks. When the truck one got the rave reviews for power and driveability they just plopped it onto the 'Stang too. None of that TPI, TBI, this and that GM suffered through.

But.... SUPERIORITY? Still MoPar, 9 inch be damned!
    Last edited by RockJustRock; June 18, 2018, 08:56 PM.
    My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

Here I go, light the bomb. Watch this: ..... Ford made too many Mustangs. I've got one.
      Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Just for this BS, I'm gonna make a video of the destruction of a fwd pos. You're welcome rjr.

I do have other things to do first so those that are holding their breath may not get to enjoy the fun. j/s
        http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...n-block-wanted

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...-Blue-Turd(le)

Comment

Originally posted by 68scott385 View Post
          Just for this BS, I'm gonna make a video of the destruction of a fwd pos. You're welcome rjr.

I do have other things to do first so those that are holding their breath may not get to enjoy the fun. j/s
          Want me to come film it so you can have both hands on it? We can do this.....seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by pdub View Post

Want me to come film it so you can have both hands on it? We can do this.....seriously.
            Might move it up on the work timeline.

This certainly won't make the second time I've cut a car into pick-up bed sized pieces. If I found a dumpster for it, that wouldn't be a first either. Jobsite superintendent walked around for a week muttering about a car being in his dumpster on Monday morning.
            Last edited by 68scott385; June 18, 2018, 09:43 PM.
            http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...n-block-wanted

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...-Blue-Turd(le)

Comment

Originally posted by 68scott385 View Post

Might move it up on the work timeline.

This certainly won't make the second time I've cut a car into pick-up bed sized pieces. If I found a dumpster for it, that wouldn't be a first either. Jobsite superintendent walked around for a week muttering about a car being in his dumpster on Monday morning.
              I'm not kidding, you know. I'll PM you my phone number. Let's do this. I'm in no hurry, only on your schedule. I have references. I filmed a car crushing one time. And I need more practice filming goofy stuff.

Comment

Call me when it's daylight Scott. PM sent. This sounds like another fun adventure,.

Comment

I believe we have another road trip and a fun video in the making. I believe we do. I'm loving this. A new career that doesn't pay. This is called fun.

Comment

I'm not kidding, we've videoed a car getting mashed by an Army Tank, now we get to do a FWD getting destroyed. Life is grand.

Comment

Rock, you start the damnedest threads and a whole lot of em. But this one turned out to be a gem. And of course you know what I mean.

Comment

Thanks (I think). I just wanted more people to consider the dual engine possibilities and did the title to draw attention. There are plenty of kinda cool FWD cars but to go really fast they put big tires on front and ugly skinny tires on the back. I could never DO that, just TOO ugly. But two engines solves all that. Problems galore, but great looking tires. I'd use a single hydraulic throttle and the return spring tension to fine tune the power application. Turbos would be a nightmare, but there are plenty of stout non-turbo combos out there. If I was 30 again and working I'd be all over this myself. Not to be the fastest, but to be fastest per dollar spent. Not just FWD either. I'd "Freight Train" a wagon and drive it from the back seat or further back too. 800-1000 HP on near stock parts would be NICE to play with.

I hope you're finding the 1/2 mile stuff O.K. Any motorsport where World Records fall every event for a while has GOT to be fun. The guy with the Lambo is having a BLAST with some Arab Sheik's money. I can't be the only one that enjoys watching.

Comment

More words.... The ideas started with a chart MoPar/Direct Connection cooked up for bracket car dreaming. Power vs. Weight for E.T. if all else works WELL. Don't have the chart anymore, but the thoughts remain. A reasonable amount of power and a very light weight is the other option. Like those guys cutting up Corvettes and other cars. I'd rather start from scratch with something like a weight focused Factory Five type kit or other Street Roadster and add power gradually but it is all good.

If you get ideas to do Roadkill things with your friends that is good too. Driving a front drive car after it has been cut in half has been done and done again, but there can never be too much of that kind of fun so you and Scott need to have some kind of dolly wheel setup and fuel supply for THAT part too...

Now.... If there were just more fun appreciating really rich people running around....

Comment

Final Lunacy.... Anybody ever think about tiny cars or over grown go-carts with 2, 3 or even more motorcycle engines? Integral transmissions mean a whole lotta shifting goin' on, but it is sequential shifting, and the SOUNDS the critter would make!

Also musical is Mazda rotaries with extra rotors. I think New Zealanders do the crap out of THAT idea on YouTube.

Comment

Originally posted by pdub View Post
                              Here I go, light the bomb. Watch this: ..... Ford made too many Mustangs. I've got one.
                              now I have to disagree with you, there are not enough Mustangs because protesters still feel safe gathering in large groups.
                              Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post

now I have to disagree with you, there are not enough Mustangs because protesters still feel safe gathering in large groups.
                                People still hang out to watch them go home from car shows... Challengers are the protester predator.

Comment

Working...
                                X